Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:38:58 AM

Author Topic: problem with digitize wizard  (Read 4171 times)

problem with digitize wizard
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:01:22 PM »
I've had this wizard a while, and it has worked fine but today When I tried to digitize something the wizard just refused to play, I fed in the numbers, and created the program to digitize, but it doesn't run. I can step it along, and the x and y axis work, but it is bypassing the z action the probe is working (according to the diagnostic screen) I'm sure it is something that I have done (or not done), any ideas?
Cheers
Mike
Re: problem with digitize wizard
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:25:18 PM »
Digitize is not part of the Newfangled set, and I have never run it, so I cant be sure.

I would first try just a single probe movement, just with a G31 command. If it wont probe that way then something is wrong with the probe or its setup Likely the probe is shorted and gets an immediate hit before any motion.

If that works you will have to look at teh code generated. Do you ahve an old program you ran before to try?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
Thanks for the quick response, I tested the probe, it lights the input light when it is tripped, and the light is off when its not tripped, but it doesn't get that far, it seems to skip over the G31 block, any other suggestions?
cheers
Mike
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 07:01:03 PM »
The Z Axis Probe Depth must be < the Z axis Travel Height or it will do as you are seeing.
Might be your problem ?
Russ
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »
travel height is +3mm, probr depth is -80mm, I've just realised that it might have been the input light that was flashing, and not the probe light, will check when I go to the workshop!
cheers
Mike