Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:35:15 PM

Author Topic: Question about buying MACH3  (Read 3881 times)

Question about buying MACH3
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »
Hi, I want to buy MACH3 but i feel clueless about some stuff.
How the license works? (i have heard they email u a file)
what is the procedure for reinstalling with already owned license? (if the computer need to be reformated for some reason)
Does the MACH3 people provide instructions on how to install the license? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ >:D
THx

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 05:51:31 PM »
Yes they will provide any instructions necessary to get you up and running. IIRC you just install the license file in the Mach 3 directory and that's it. You can install it in more than 1 machine. I have it in at least 3 computers. I have removed and reinstalled more than 1 time with no issues. That doesn't mean I didn't need some guidance from forum members.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Question about buying MACH3
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »
You just download Mach and install to a directory of your choice or the default, put the license file that was sent to you into that directory, configure Mach for your machine, and magic .....your creating chips on your machine. You keep a copy of your license in
a safe place off the computer and should you need it later just repeat the few steps above.

If you have a question just post on the site and the excellent, knowledgeable, and kind volunteers will respond in short order.

RICH
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:53:37 AM »
THx guys for the quick reply
Very helpful  :)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »
So i bought the mach3 license installed it, and it did not work!!!!!!
JUst like it said in the email i put the license file into the c:/mach3 folder
And it still says demo and only go up to 500 lines (i also restart pc and even reinstalled Lockdown:Mach3 R3.043.022)
I feel so  :'(
wat am i missing.....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:04:12 PM by CNCexplorer »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
What version of windows are you using?

Delete all versions of Mach that you have installed. That includes all the directories where you installed it before.
Install Mach3,copy your license into the directory where Mach was installed. When Mach opens you will see your license dispalyed.

RICH
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:08 PM »
I am using windows XP,
Ok so do i put the file while the mach3 is close or while it is open  :-\   (may be that could have wat cause the problem in first place)

THX i will try that......... (last time uninstall i didn't deleted the directory)
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
I got it to work!!!!

Here is hw you do it

1. download the file that has been sent to you by mach3 (don't download twice as it would rename the file so if you use the renamed file it will not work)
2. put it on the usb if need to trasfer to other machine
3. CLose mach3 (if had it open prior)
4. Go to directory C:/mach3 (or if you changed it to something else like d:/mach3 watever )
5. COpy paste mach3 file in to the c:/mach3 directory
6. close the directory window
7. Start mach3
8. start maching.......

Things to look for
1. don't rename the file
2. close mach3 while doing the copy paste (just a assumtion that i might mess things up)
3. don't rush pay attention  ::) (kind of wat i did)
4. make sure the file name stays Mach1Lic

what to do if all hell fails
1. post a brief description of your problem (with screen shot of the file in the c mach3 directory)
2. send a email to scottn@machsupport.com (if all hell fails )
Happy machining  :D

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »
Or just post the screen shot here and be patient, answers usually take a few hours at the most.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)