Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:51:56 AM

Author Topic: Trouble with smooth stepper  (Read 31073 times)

Trouble with smooth stepper
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:08:04 PM »
Hello.  I came across this forum trying to figure out the problem im having with my smooth stepper.   Im setting up a taig micro mill dsls 3000 unit for a customer to rework some parts on site.
I got everything working except one little issue.   When first started up i go to run the program and i get a smooth stepper error (see image below).   This only occurs on the first attempt to
run the program.  Once the alarms are cleared it will run without hiccup.   Problem for me is when this happens the machine seems to jump causing the x and y zero to be off for my fixture offset.
Its not a big deal to redo the zeros but the customer is not gonna want to have to do that.   I tried with the machine turned all the way off and same result just running in mach.   
error message says possibly change the timeout setting but was hoping for a little help before i try that.  Hopefully i explained the problem i am having well.   

thanks in advance
mike

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Trouble with smooth stepper
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:56:31 PM »
It sounds like your configuration might not be quite right.

First take a look at: http://www.soigeneris.com/Document/Installing_and_Configuring_the_SmoothStepper.pdf

If you have a large file it might also be a tool path display issue, see: http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,20588.0.html.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:52 AM »
Thanks ill check it out

mike
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »
hello guys,

i have some problem about smoothstepper in threading. my threading stop while running for 1 or 2 second therefore threading pitch shift.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:39:01 AM »
hello guys,

i have some problem about smoothstepper in threading. my threading stop while running for 1 or 2 second therefore threading pitch shift.

Attach your xml and I will check your config to see if I can find the problem.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »
thanks hood.

i attached xml here. please check it and give me the solution it would be helpfull.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
You have the Index pulse set to Port 1 pin 13 but you also have the MPG set to the same port and pin. That is likely your problem.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 02:17:43 AM »
hi hood,
thanks for replying me.
it was correct what you said that index pin & and port, MPG port & pin was same.
i have changed mpg pin &port number. and another thing is that, i m not using MPG.
after changing pin&port my problem still not solved.
another problem is that RPM not showing correctly. its actual RPM 229 but it shows some time 2200, 564783930 like this for 0.5 second. and i m not using spindle servo motor. i m using 2 hp ordinary 3 phase spindle motor which is use in manuallathe machine . actually i converted manual lathe into CNC with two axis X& Z. i can turn easily by using smooth stepper. but when i start thread in first depth of cut its stop for1 second.thats why i loss my pitch. i can thread up to 150 mm properly by using parrallel port. now i have require ment for 400 mm thread that is why i purchased smooth stepper. but i can do properely thread please give solution.it would be helpfull.
for every depth of cut it is happening same like first depth of cut
thanks
santosh

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 03:02:40 AM »
I also noticed you had the Index Debounce set to 10, try setting it to 0 and see if that helps.
If not can you tell me a bit about theIndex pulse you are using.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 04:43:01 AM »
i have set it to 0 but i could not see any changes in RM value it shows same.

in general configation i saw there 8 bit one stop for serial output.

i dont know exact where i can find a bit about index pulse?

can u please guide me?