Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:00:36 PM

Author Topic: pulsing too fast?  (Read 5048 times)

pulsing too fast?
« on: March 21, 2012, 11:48:54 PM »
I am new to Mach 3 and am just bench testing my eletronics and motor.
I can run mach 3 and the all 4 of the motors will jog, but if I hold the jog key down they will stop moving at random times. Sometimes they will start back but others they will stall and just sit there. I think the stalling my be more motor tuning, but what is causing them to stop when I am continuing to hold the key down?

I have run drivertest and it says pulsing too fast, but once in a while it pops up excellent then goes back to pulsing too fast. I have tried all the options for the kernel speed in the drivertest and they all say pulsing too fast while the number at the top of the screen is around the set kernal rate. I can barely see the little blips on the graph.

This is a computer with a fresh install of windows 7 and mach 3 is the only program installed. I do not even have a network card hooked to it.

Is the pulsing too fast causing the motors to stop turning or is that something else?

computer
intel e6500
nividia chipset motherboard
Re: pulsing too fast?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:16 AM »
I can't advice you with your current problem as I don't know the mach3 software that well.

But a number of months back I upgraded my main CNC computer with some newer 2nd hand parts, and I had nothing but problems, stalling, missing steps etc.
I tried meny version of Mach3, I tried Windows XP, and Windows 7, and still the same problem.
I gave up in the end and put the old parts back in, and it has worked fine since.

The newer mohterboard was an nvidia nForce 4 chipset, and the old motherboard was an intel chipset.

You do say that your computer is using the nvidia chipset, So I don't know if mach3 don't like nvidia chipsets.

What make and model motherboard is it you are using, my problem motherboard was a FoxConn NF4SLI7AA-8KRS2.

Best Regards.