Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:56:21 AM

Author Topic: Small Change to Mach3 main screen needed  (Read 8911 times)

Small Change to Mach3 main screen needed
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:26:23 PM »
Hello all,
     I've not posted here in a while; in fact I haven't done much work with my machines as I work long hours now machining very large jet engine parts. I'm really just a baby sitter for 12 hours a night. lol
     Anyway, I have an older version Mach3 and am fine with it other then I would like to change the main screen. I would like to have the tool increments screen (the Tab button on the keyboard) somewhere on the main screen. I could eliminate the spindle section and not miss it at all. Could someone please address this with me please?

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year
Thank you,

Mrmodfi
Re: Small Change to Mach3 main screen needed
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 07:43:34 AM »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
Nice one Russ!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »
Thanks Russ,
     After reading the link, I realized I am going to need to redo the main screen somehow. If I am going to use a mouse click as apposed to a keystroke, I may as well keep it like it is. I would much rather just look at the screen and it already be there as part of the screen. I am using an Xbox controller with my machine. I have, (Cycle Jog Step) assigned to it as well as (Jog Mode) and (Feed Over Ride). So when I'm setting up tools I have to use the keyboard, mouse, and the controller. I've been doing it this way for a long time now and am use to it, but would be nice if I could eliminate a few steps. As I look at the main screen I see that I never use the (Tool Information), or the (Spindle Speed) section. I do not need the (Slow Jog Rate), (Button Jog), or the top portion of the pendent on the main screen, just the (Jog Mode) and the (Cycle Jog Step). Am I biting off more then I can chew here? LOL

Ken