Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:12:15 PM

Author Topic: Wizard problem  (Read 12353 times)

Re: Wizard problem
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 04:01:13 PM »
Did you rename the folder in Addons to be just Newfangled?

That button reads the Material.txt file ahat is in Addons\Newfangled The read command does not check for errors, so if you are running from a folder names Newfangled286 it will not find the file.

I really should put an error test on that read, if anything happens to delete the Materials.txt file this happens.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 01:14:21 AM »
Yes, I have been reading other threads to try to find the answer to this, I have made sure that I have \Addons\Newfangled, I rename the folder after unzipping the update and double checked the spelling.  
Its also not screen dependent, I have tried it with the 1024 screen set to check. All the other wizards work just fine, its just the Newfangled that I am having a problem with.
I will check that the Materials.txt file is still there when I get home though.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:16:24 AM by Cmdr114 »
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »
Hi Roger

I'm using Windows 7 and tried loading the Newfangled Wizards.  During the first stages of installation, right after 'I accept" I get a popup window containing:

Error opening file for writing
c:\Program Files(x86)\Wizards\Mill\NFS_Mill.exe

I assume this is fatal

Ideas?  I've tried installation at home and at the office just to be sure it wasn't a local issue.

thanks in advance

Derrick
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 06:44:46 PM »
You need to run the installer as administrator. Save teh file, right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.

We are trying to follow the microsoft recommended practice, and this happens on win7 and win8