Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:51 PM

Author Topic: X AXIS NOT WORKING  (Read 21908 times)

X AXIS NOT WORKING
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »
Hi I'm new to all of this and am having problems!

I am using  Windows XP Professional on a Athlon XP3200+2.10GHz prossesor.  My breakout board is a ZP5A-INT running PM542 motor drivers.  The problem is :~  TheY axis and Z axis work okay but the X axis will not move.  There are indicator LED's on the breakout board which illuminate when the Y and Z axis are running but the X axis not a flicker.  In jog mode again the Y and Z axis run but not the X axis.

I thought the problem was a fault on the breakout board, it was returned to the suppliers who tested it and returned it with no faults.

Anyone any ideas.

Regards,

Pendragon

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: X AXIS NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »
If you attach your xml I can check your config. Other thing to check is that your port cable is 1:1 pin to pin.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 06:02:20 AM »
Hi Guys,

Here is the XML

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:21:37 AM »
Do you have a link to the manual for your breakout board as the pin numbering for motor outputs is very unusual.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:44:18 AM »
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »
Thanks Tweakie,
 Looks like pin assignen is correct according to that so what I would do is connect a volmeter to pin 14 and the Gnd next to it and jog the X one way then the other and see what you get, if anything.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »
I have the same problem and I have changed controller card, LPT card, cables and checked configuration umpten times.  If you want I can send my XML file but I can not do this until tomorrow.   Everything works but x.  If I move my motors from y or Z to x they do not work and if I move x to y or z they work.   I have tried Win 7 32 bit same thing and also Win XP 32 bit same thing.

I will wait with good hope for your solution.

Th's from Sweden
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've managed to come up with a solution.  My breakout board is a 5 axis board so I so I reconfigured Mach3 to output the X axis to the A input on the breakout board, then connected the X axis motor controller to the A axis output.  Seems to work fine!

I wonder though does this mean my parallel board is not working correctly ----- wonder if I ought to install a separate parallel board in my computer.

Regards,

Pendragon
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »
I do not have a breakout board so that would not work for me.    I will try under  Config> slave axis to put a slaved under X and then put the same 1;7 outpus on A.    I will come back tomorrow when I have tried.  BUT this is only a fix and does not solve the problem.  I would still like to hear if anyone knows what the problem is.
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »
I have tried slaving a axis to x no go.

I have bought a new old PC with Win XP Updated to today.  same thing.   What am I doing wrong or what is wrong in  Mach3??????????????

I have changed every thing but Mach 3 and I still get  NO action on X axis but Y and Z work A-OK.  I have done every thing according to the manual on when xp does not work including the f5 with new installation. Am I dumb dumb or what is wrong please help me!!!!