Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 07:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  General Mach Discussion
| | |-+  X AXIS NOT WORKING
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X AXIS NOT WORKING  (Read 4026 times)
Pendragon

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »

Hi I'm new to all of this and am having problems!

I am using  Windows XP Professional on a Athlon XP3200+2.10GHz prossesor.  My breakout board is a ZP5A-INT running PM542 motor drivers.  The problem is :~  TheY axis and Z axis work okay but the X axis will not move.  There are indicator LED's on the breakout board which illuminate when the Y and Z axis are running but the X axis not a flicker.  In jog mode again the Y and Z axis run but not the X axis.

I thought the problem was a fault on the breakout board, it was returned to the suppliers who tested it and returned it with no faults.

Anyone any ideas.

Regards,

Pendragon
Hood
Mach4 Alpha

Carnoustie, North Britain (formerly k/a Scotland)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:13:22 PM »

If you attach your xml I can check your config. Other thing to check is that your port cable is 1:1 pin to pin.
Hood
Pendragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 06:02:20 AM »

Hi Guys,

Here is the XML

* ZP5A-INT.xml (146.62 KB - downloaded 138 times.)
Hood
Mach4 Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 06:21:37 AM »

Do you have a link to the manual for your breakout board as the pin numbering for motor outputs is very unusual.
Hood
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 06:44:18 AM »

Hood,

BoB is here http://www.slidesandballscrews.com/pdf/ZP5A-INT%20axis%20interface%20board%20manual.pdf

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Hood
Mach4 Alpha

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »

Thanks Tweakie,
 Looks like pin assignen is correct according to that so what I would do is connect a volmeter to pin 14 and the Gnd next to it and jog the X one way then the other and see what you get, if anything.
Hood
sverker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »

I have the same problem and I have changed controller card, LPT card, cables and checked configuration umpten times.  If you want I can send my XML file but I can not do this until tomorrow.   Everything works but x.  If I move my motors from y or Z to x they do not work and if I move x to y or z they work.   I have tried Win 7 32 bit same thing and also Win XP 32 bit same thing.

I will wait with good hope for your solution.

Th's from Sweden
Pendragon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've managed to come up with a solution.  My breakout board is a 5 axis board so I so I reconfigured Mach3 to output the X axis to the A input on the breakout board, then connected the X axis motor controller to the A axis output.  Seems to work fine!

I wonder though does this mean my parallel board is not working correctly ----- wonder if I ought to install a separate parallel board in my computer.

Regards,

Pendragon
sverker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 04:32:39 PM »

I do not have a breakout board so that would not work for me.    I will try under  Config> slave axis to put a slaved under X and then put the same 1;7 outpus on A.    I will come back tomorrow when I have tried.  BUT this is only a fix and does not solve the problem.  I would still like to hear if anyone knows what the problem is.
sverker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »

I have tried slaving a axis to x no go.

I have bought a new old PC with Win XP Updated to today.  same thing.   What am I doing wrong or what is wrong in  Mach3?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

I have changed every thing but Mach 3 and I still get  NO action on X axis but Y and Z work A-OK.  I have done every thing according to the manual on when xp does not work including the f5 with new installation. Am I dumb dumb or what is wrong please help me!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
Print
Jump to: