Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:47:36 PM

Author Topic: Win a KX1 mill at Cabin fever Expo (and meet Brian Barker)  (Read 4382 times)

Win a KX1 mill at Cabin fever Expo (and meet Brian Barker)
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:24:26 PM »
Its time to start thinking about Cabin Fever Expo, January 13-15, 2012 See http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/

This year we will be doing another seminar, with a raffle to win a KX1 milling machine from Little Machine Shop http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3501&category=1241045623

The seminar is titled "CNC for the model Engineer, from art to part" We will show you how to take a part drawing from a printed article or book, plan the work holding, develop the Gcode needed to run the part, then setup the mill and run the part. We will show several examples, running each one right to making the parts. We will be using Cut2D from Vectric as well as the Mach wizards to make the parts.

The Seminar will be conducted by Ron Ginger and Brian Barker.

Seating is limited to fit the classroom, so everyone will have a good view of the work, and a good chance at winning. Ticket sales are by Little Machine Shop, so visit their web for the details. Tickets are $60, with $10 of that for admission to the Expo, so with one ticket you are good for the seminar, the auction and 2 days to see the expo. Last year tickets sold out well before the seminar, so if you want to be there get your ticket early.

This year Tormach has added a great second prize of $750 worth of Tormach Quick Change tooling. Additionally there will be copies of Mach3 and Cut2d. You do not have to be present to win, so if you are simply a gambling man you can have a chance to win a mill worth over $4000 for a $60 ticket. But you would miss the Ron and Brian Show :-)

Cabin Fever Expo is always a great event, the seminar is a nice addition to let you learn something and maybe win a great prize. Someone is going home with a KX1 milling machine, complete with a Tormach PC.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Win a KX1 mill at Cabin fever Expo (and meet Brian Barker)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:36 PM »
Hi Ron,

Where can you purchase tickets for the raffle on the Little Machine shop website?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 02:32:40 PM »
I dont have the link yet, it was supposed to be up some time today.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »
Just got an email from LMS, they just put it up here:

http://lmscnc.com/4294

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »
I have just received a new prize to add to the seminar. We will have a brand new Ethernet based smoothstepper, bundled with a Mach3 license, to be the 3rd place prize.

This is like the USB smoothstepper, except using ethernet. That should help in some of the cases where USB had ground loop problems. Ethernet is much more tolerant of noise and ground loops. This unit also has more I/O- essentially 3 parallel ports. That will be great for adding more controls, or maybe big operator control panels.

Tickets are still available, but going fast. Last year we sold out before the show date.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:15:26 AM by Ron Ginger »
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »
Congrats to both Brian and Ron for a great seminar ;D

It was a please listening to both of you, even though I did not win anything >:(
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 08:44:47 PM »
Are there any seminars planed for this year?
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 08:29:24 AM »
There has been discussion about doing a build class, or building one machine to raffle. It seems that everyone likes the raffle from the survey sheets I collected last year.

A final decision has not been made yet, but it must be made real soon to get the word out in time. It is clear that some kind of CNC event will happen, and that Mach will be represented with at least an exhibit and several running machines.

Remember it will be in April this year.