Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:41:25 AM

Author Topic: Issue with Mach XML And SmoothStepper  (Read 6597 times)

Issue with Mach XML And SmoothStepper
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »
Having an issue with the SS when I try to start Mach. (This config file works great in Parallel Mode)

When I start it up, I select the SmoothStepper_v17d as the external motion controller.

This is the next screen I see after clicking ok

If I click "yes" for default values, it wipes out all of my port and pins settings, but will allow Mach to communicate with the SS with no issues (other than nothing is setup and all my settings are gone).

If I click No and run the SS configuration and input all of my values in there and then click ok, I get this

Any suggestions on what I am missing? I have also sent a message to Warp9TD, hoping to get this up and running soon.....

I have Mach3 R3.043.022 as well as SS 17d plugin

andrewm

Re: Issue with Mach XML And SmoothStepper
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
It looks like you have(or the SS thinks you have) one or more settings configured for Port2. Is that how you have the SS setup?

Can you post your XML Please.

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
I don't have a second port selected in the GUI.

Here is the XML File

andrewm

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 04:15:29 PM »
When I click Yes it told me it loaded the default values, but I checked and all your old info is still their and I no longer get the error.

Do you see this happening on your end? Or when you click yes and then re-enter your info do you get the error again after you save and restart?
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 05:17:40 PM »
I don't get the error anymore, but all of my ports and pins are not right along with motor tuning and general config are not the same as they were under the parallel port.

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 11:26:21 AM »
It sounds like your original XML file may have been locked or had its write permissions altered (you created the file with admin credential but now you are logged in as regular user or something similar). When this happens Mach won't be able to write to the file properly so it just creates an all new one without telling you anything about it. Maybe Andrew can send you the profile of yours he changed over to the SmoothStepper?
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

andrewm

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
Here it is :)

andrewm

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
This take care of it for you?
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
Andrew, I had already copied everything over by hand by the time that I saw this post.

But yes, everything is working great, thanks!

andrewm

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 06:23:49 AM »
Ah bummer.

At-least it works again!