Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:04:19 AM

Author Topic: USB plugin don't fill Trajectories array  (Read 22155 times)

Re: USB plugin don't fill Trajectories array
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 01:52:33 AM »
how can I solve this problem?

Once I run the GCode with the plugin activated, the Mach3 crazy!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 02:27:56 AM »
Do you develop commercial product or you do it for fun ?

I have almost finished my devices ( now they are in test phase). I have ethernet motion controller ( originally it was using USB, but I decided for ethernet for final version).I plan to sell plugin software + design ( so everybody can do it himself)

You are in the beginnig of the road with your motion controller - there are many things to go until you have it running.I can help you  answering your questions, but for something "how can I solve it" - this sound like consultancy.
There are some examples in SDK ( in source code of old plugins).

I wanted to create open source motion plugin, but I ended up making it myslef in 99% ( there was no help :-( ), that is why this become commercial ( if you want it  this way, contact me with private message).

About dwelling - in some cases ( like M3, when the spindle starts) you need to process Mach request to "delay" motion processing. You need stat machine in your plugin ( for this and e.g. jogging and homeing). Your plugin is "locked" until you finish the request.

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 02:53:45 AM »
I develop a commercial plugin for an Italian company... but I don't know anything of Mach3 and CNC. My boss give me this... and I am desperate.  :o  :o  :o

You are in the beginnig of the road with your motion controller - there are many things to go until you have it running.I can help you  answering your questions, but for something "how can I solve it" - this sound like consultancy.
;D

Thanks... I try to solve this problem!  ;)
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 04:21:39 AM »
Your boss is crazy.

Because there is no documentation how to do it, it is complicated. The only thing which helps are old examples in SDK ( unfortunately written in junk style, with no comments).
Nobody helps because these who have the knowledge paid high price getting there ( being reverse engineers).

Do you know that you need to create your state machine for jogging and manual movement ? Mach does not provide trajectory info for that. You need to understand motion constrains and be able to build your own trjectory for such cases. Together with state machine which handles it within mach.

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 05:40:26 AM »
Do you know that you need to create your state machine for jogging and manual movement ? Mach does not provide trajectory info for that

I imagined that it was necessary to do this...

thanks for your replies!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:41 AM »
anyway... i don't understand where is the problem in dwell and how to reselve it!  ???  ???
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 06:11:46 AM »
Well, hard to tell what the real problem is without knowing your code ( Dwell was just a guess as I had this problem with M3 and processing it). Ask your boss if you can post your code here - if it was made with VC 2010 then I can run it myself and check.
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:29 AM »
my code is in VS2003, but it is very empty and i can post it.

thanks for your help.
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 06:51:07 AM »
my code is in VS2003, but it is very empty and i can post it.

thanks for your help.

ps. sorry for the second posting... but the forum give me an error with .zip file!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:52:43 AM by warcomeb »
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »
Cannot open your zip file :-(