Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:53 AM

Author Topic: tooltable trouble  (Read 12093 times)

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
tooltable trouble
« on: September 14, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
The wizard I'm having trouble with is the Newfangled "A Suite of Handy Wizards". It just wont let me select from my tool list. Not that I can't enter it myself but it worries me that something else may fail....It is a standalone machine so I really dont think it caught a virus.  On the "tool properties" page when I click on the "select tool from table" button nothing happens anymore....always used to work. The machine that is having the problem has never been on any network at all. Not sure what went wrong....expect I clicked on something but for the life of me I can't get it to bring up tool table when I select that button. I still can bring up the table through >config>tooltable...

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Re: tooltable trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »
Just updated to 2.86 and no change....

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 11:01:38 PM »
RIley is it that you cannot pull up the tool table OR is it that you cannot make the selection from it? I just tried it here and it worked fine.

What version of windows are you running on?

(;-) TP

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:39:56 PM »
tool table is working but cannot select tool from tool properties screen on wizard. There is a button to select tool from table that wont do anything anymore. Im running mach R3.042.040 on an XP Pro with service pack 3. Dual core 2.9 with 2 gig of ram. The PC has nothing but mach on it and it is totally stand alone....no network at all since Ajax CNC has the only LAN port tied up. Has worked like a charm for almost a year till now. I do import gcode with a flash drive on a daily basis.

Offline Riley

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:41:18 PM »
didn't really answer your question.....when I click the select from tool table button nothing happens.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 02:00:36 AM »
I see you have the Ajax plugin??  I would almost bet the Directory that the NF button is pointing to get the tool table is no longer there(;-)

Just a thought, (;-)
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 02:23:55 PM »
I just tried it, and the dialog box opens to make the choice, but the box is empty. That means the VB call to get the tool table is no longer working. Ill have to talk to Brian about this, he must have broken it in a later version.

Can anyone that has this working tell us a version so we can figure when it broke?

ron

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 02:45:02 PM »
Ron Version R3.043.038 is working fine here.

(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
Sorry, I jumped before complete testing.

The tool table works exactly as it should for me. My tool table was empty, so selecting from it showed an empty table. I made a couple entries and it works exactly as it should.

Unless someone has messed with the screen and lost the button code I cannot see anyway the 'select from tool table' button wont at least show a table- it will be empty if your tool table is empty.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »
Ron further testing  shows even IF you remove the tool table from mach it will STILL bring up an empty window in the NFW.

(;-) TP