Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:14:01 PM

Author Topic: 1997 DYNA MYTE DM4800 VMC to Mach3 Conversion  (Read 135257 times)

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
Re: 1997 DYNA MYTE DM4800 VMC to Mach3 Conversion
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 02:53:12 PM »
Another thing about mach which can be a disadvantage is the way it homes. The big machines have a slow down sensor so you can  go at full rapid speed to this then slow down to a set speed to home the machine. Handy if you have big travels. Mach doesn't work with a slow down as far as I know.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 03:10:42 PM by cnc-it »

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
Hi Amir
I'm using the older 2100 series which is on Ethernet. I would recommend an econo series for a new purchase. The latest accellera is the best card if money is no object.
John.
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »
Another thing about mach which can be a disadvantage is the way it homes. The big machines have a slow down sensor so you can  go at full rapid speed to this then slow down to a set speed to home the machine. Handy if you have big travels. Mach doesn't work with a slow down as far as I know.

This would be easy to add to Mach3:  Move to you see the slow down sensor at a given feed rate, stop, then home at the slower rate.

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »
Yes might add that in once I get the machine up and running.
John.
Minor Update
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »
With the basic core electronics functional, I started digging into the basic I/O of the machine.

The Y home switch was not functional only the limit switch was working.   I replaced it with the slow down sensor from Z (nice to have a spareā€¦).  The entire housing was full of grease and grit, and the switch would not open.  Now the housing is clean, sealed and operational.  The X Y and Z Home switches are all functional and interfaced to Mach3, connected as Normally Closed for best noise immunity.

I had some issues with the M1 and M12 ModBus boards, I think it was the serial interface hardware that was not functional.  I have used CNC4PC products over the last 7 years and never have had an issue.  I talked Arturo Duncan and he is taking care of us.  I should have a functional ModBus I/O system up and running soon.  The ATC Pneumatics and Sensors will be hook up this I/O System, so for now the ATC is on hold. 

Thanks,
JH
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »
Hi Amir
I'm using the older 2100 series which is on Ethernet. I would recommend an econo series for a new purchase. The latest accellera is the best card if money is no object.
John.

i think for this time , Kflop is better . The same performance and lower price .
What do you think?

Amir
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 03:45:49 AM »
Hi Amir
Not sure about kflop as I have never used it.
John
ATC Carousel AC Motor wiring
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »
The ATC Carousel only rotated in one direction as indicated by the previous owner.  This could be the AC Motor, Relays, Starting CAP or the Controller.  I wanted to make sure the AC Motor was functional as I plan to keep this and only replace the old relays and controller.

The ATC Carousel AC Motor has 4 leads on it, strange to me as most AC Motors only have 3 with a starting cap.  My guess is the motor manufacture exposed additional winding for a braking system.  After some internet digging and prototyping, the ATC Carousel AC Motor is now functional and rotates in both directions!    Attached is the schematic diagram I have come up with to make this functional.

However, the ATC Carousel index switch is bad and there is no home switch to indicated position 1.  The index switch will be replaced and a home switch will be added.

Thanks,
JH

Offline A1CNC

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
HI JH,
Congrats on geting the toolchanger rotating!

I have (3) Vmc's with the carousel toolchanger and none of them have a home switch for #1 position. They rely on setting the carousel to the #1 position to start and a bit system to remember which tool is in the spindle.

Did you use a home switch on BP carousel?
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »
HI JH,
Congrats on geting the toolchanger rotating!

I have (3) Vmc's with the carousel toolchanger and none of them have a home switch for #1 position. They rely on setting the carousel to the #1 position to start and a bit system to remember which tool is in the spindle.

Did you use a home switch on BP carousel?

Yes, the stock BP412 has a Home SW and an Index SW. 

After the conversion to Mach3, when the ATC is initialized, I have it programmed to find home first.  Then the home position is tracked. While the machine is running, its checked each time the carousel is moved.  It will eStop if it finds home when it should not be homed and if home is not found when it should.  Most of my coding has multiple saftey checks like this.

Thanks,
JH