Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:20:56 AM

Author Topic: 1997 DYNA MYTE DM4800 VMC to Mach3 Conversion  (Read 134948 times)

Servo Investigation
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
I would very much like to reuse the Mitsubishi AC Servos and Drivers, but the MR-S3 system uses Address and Data lines (memory mapped I/O I guess) to connect/interface to it and it performs the interpolation of for the Axis’s during movement.  Short term I’ll try to find a different but compatible AC Servo Driver that will drive the existing AC Servos.

We have been running some 3D code to make matching press plates, I’ll dig up some photos when I can on that.

JH
Coolant and Chip Pans, Machine Level
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
Finished up the coolant and chip pans, I added Teflon feet to the coolant pans so they can slide in and out for maintenance (shown below upside down).  Had to weld up a couple of weak spots, then degreased, sanded and painted. 

The machine IRON is now level.  I removed the doors and started to level the sheet metal enclosure.  It looks like some of the enclosure bolts have sheered off during shipment so I will have to address this. 

JH
Re: 1997 DYNA MYTE DM4800 VMC to Mach3 Conversion
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »
this machine made in 1997 . do you test rail for wobble and ballscrew for backlash?
Amir
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**
Tear Down and Inspect
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 11:18:53 AM »
Pulled off the remaining sections of the Y way covers, the last owner indicated repair work on the trust bearing.  Moving things by hand, I can not feel any backlash, so I am optimistic it has been repaired.  When it’s up and running under Mach control, I’ll check it completely out.  The Y ways and ball screw look good, big and beefy too.

Pulled the cover off the ATC, it needs some lube on the ram.  24 tools will be great to have !

JH
Tear Down and Inspect…Continues
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »
I removed the plastic windows from of the sheet metal enclosure so they can be polished up like new.  I then welded up the section that was damaged during shipping and leveled off the enclosure. 

Removed both of the X Axis covers to inspect the ways and ball screw, overall, things look good here.  The X Axis was very stiff at first, the oil was sticky and dry.  Got things cleaned and lubed up, now it slides with ease.  The Home and Limits switch assembles are functional and reusable.

Removed all the surface rust from the face of the table and placed a heavy coat of oil on it. 

Pulled the spindle cover off for inspection of the draw bar and spindle motor.

Thanks,
JH
Tear Down and Inspect…Complete
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
We finished removing the components from electronics cabinet and the user interface control from the front.  The control stuck out about 2.5 feet and would hit the doors and windows.  The plan moving forward will be to create a new then control box that mounts to the top of the machine and hangs down, something that would not block the doors either.  Also, I do not want to run the User Interface Control wires next to the Y Axis Servo Power and Feedback.

The only thing remaining to remove is the 5 year old boy who thinks this is his new play house… 

Thanks
JH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:16:09 AM »
The only thing remaining to remove is the 5 year old boy who thinks this is his new play house… 

Oh! That explains it, Joel, I thought you machined that little person!!!! I was thinking: "Wow, he's getting good at this stuff!!"

Nice work anyway....I guess.....   ;)
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
1997 DYNA MYTE DM4800 VMC to Mach3 Conversion
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
Funny Dave!
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »
Thanks, John -  ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline cnc-it

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 11:23:11 AM »
Looks a sturdy machine. As far as I know these are re-badged Leadwell machines. Correct me if i'm wrong!

Looks like a hefty spindle motor.
John