Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 04:26:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  G-Code, CAD, and CAM
| |-+  G-Code, CAD, and CAM discussions
| | |-+  program mirror G code
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: program mirror G code  (Read 2369 times)
compfranon

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »

I used to program a number of CNC mahines may years ago in the aerospace industry, we had to make port and starboard parts, this was made real easy using a G code G28 !!! and then the axis to be mirrored. Is this avaiable in Mach3.
djc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »

...we had to make port and starboard parts... and then the axis to be mirrored. Is this avaiable in Mach3?

See this thread

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,19394.0.html

To mirror something, you scale it by a negative scale factor. You could also use an external program such as CnC syntax editor

http://www.cnc-syntax-editor.com/
compfranon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:44:50 PM »

Thanks for the info djc, I certainly wouldn't have looked under scaling for the answer. I've still to cut and prove the program, so i'll give it a try once complete.
compfranon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:36 AM »

Well I gave it a try.

The project is to create a pair of boot sole masters for mould making, the mirror image worked well.

Unfortunately I forgot that the size numerals on the sole would also be mirrored, so I have a 10 and a 01  Embarrassed
RICH
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:56:47 AM »

so I have a 10 and a 01

Let not your heart be troubled, at least one is not brown and the other black...... Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

RICH
compfranon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »

Let not your heart be troubled, at least one is not brown and the other black...... Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin
Cheers Rich I feel so much better now   Roll Eyes
hemsworthlad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 08:42:12 AM »

Well I gave it a try.

The project is to create a pair of boot sole masters for mould making, the mirror image worked well.

Unfortunately I forgot that the size numerals on the sole would also be mirrored, so I have a 10 and a 01  Embarrassed

Well cut another and you have a pair Daddy & Baby boots. . . May the force be with you My pad-wan learner. .  Cheesy
compfranon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »

Roll Eyes
Well I gave it a try.

Unfortunately I forgot that the size numerals on the sole would also be mirrored, so I have a 10 and a 01  Embarrassed

Well cut another and you have a pair Daddy & Baby boots. . . May the force be with you My pad-wan learner. .  Cheesy
And the force be with you too  "Oh DO one kanobe"
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: