Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:05 AM

Author Topic: program mirror G code  (Read 11200 times)

program mirror G code
« on: August 28, 2011, 03:03:46 PM »
I used to program a number of CNC mahines may years ago in the aerospace industry, we had to make port and starboard parts, this was made real easy using a G code G28 !!! and then the axis to be mirrored. Is this avaiable in Mach3.

Offline djc

•  47 47
    • View Profile
Re: program mirror G code
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:07:13 PM »
...we had to make port and starboard parts... and then the axis to be mirrored. Is this avaiable in Mach3?

See this thread

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,19394.0.html

To mirror something, you scale it by a negative scale factor. You could also use an external program such as CnC syntax editor

http://www.cnc-syntax-editor.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »
Thanks for the info djc, I certainly wouldn't have looked under scaling for the answer. I've still to cut and prove the program, so i'll give it a try once complete.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:36 AM »
Well I gave it a try.

The project is to create a pair of boot sole masters for mould making, the mirror image worked well.

Unfortunately I forgot that the size numerals on the sole would also be mirrored, so I have a 10 and a 01  :-[

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
so I have a 10 and a 01

Let not your heart be troubled, at least one is not brown and the other black...... :) ;) :D ;D

RICH
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 09:05:06 AM »
Let not your heart be troubled, at least one is not brown and the other black...... :) ;) :D ;D
Cheers Rich I feel so much better now   ::)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 09:42:12 AM »
Well I gave it a try.

The project is to create a pair of boot sole masters for mould making, the mirror image worked well.

Unfortunately I forgot that the size numerals on the sole would also be mirrored, so I have a 10 and a 01  :-[

Well cut another and you have a pair Daddy & Baby boots. . . May the force be with you My pad-wan learner. .  :D
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »
 ::)
Well I gave it a try.

Unfortunately I forgot that the size numerals on the sole would also be mirrored, so I have a 10 and a 01  :-[

Well cut another and you have a pair Daddy & Baby boots. . . May the force be with you My pad-wan learner. .  :D
And the force be with you too  "Oh DO one kanobe"