Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:13:53 AM

Author Topic: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn  (Read 116814 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: New IPS (Interactive Programming System) Professional Screen for Turn
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 06:17:18 AM »
Layout is clean and easy to read allowing for an easy transition from using the standard screen even though the buttons are changed which i like. Placement order looks right. MPG use / layout eliminates the flyout use. I will assume that the velociy is based on settings done in config. Would be nice to have buttons  to zero the axis on the screen. Unfortunately no provision is made for using an A axis ( but i quess I am only one of the wierd ones that seem to desire it).

RICH

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »
Hi Wes. Excellent screens - you obviously have the patience of a saint.  :)

Re: your earlier dry run question. How about in your "offline" button script, just do a "code G0" etc. to your stored positions (before you actually go back online obviously). I guess there's checks and stuff to do but I'll leave you to think about those  ;)

BTW - the reason you can't write to MACHINE COORD DROs is because they're readonly - which makes sense.

Ian
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:07:00 AM by stirling »
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
Unfortunately no provision is made for using an A axis ( but i quess I am only one of the wierd ones that seem to desire it).
RICH

I think you mean C axis (A rotates around X  :  B rotates around Y : C rotates around Z)
All Turning Center spindle orientations are using C axis that I have programmed.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
Re: your earlier dry run question. How about in your "offline" button script, just do a "code G0" etc. to your stored positions (before you actually go back online obviously). I guess there's checks and stuff to do but I'll leave you to think about those  ;)

Kinda the same direction I am going. So many checks and balances to make sure everything works the way it should without problems. Lots of out of the box thinking going on with this.

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
Unfortunately no provision is made for using an A axis ( but i quess I am only one of the wierd ones that seem to desire it).

I think you mean C axis (A rotates around X  :  B rotates around Y : C rotates around Z)
All Turning Center spindle orientations are using C axis that I have programmed.

On my Haas tool room lathe the "A" axis is a 4 position turret. Thats about the only place I have seen "A" on a lathe.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:03:11 PM by DaOne »

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
Hi Wes,

As I said, this screen set is really cool and very useful.

If I may suggest something, I'd love to see the new Tool DRO, Brian implemented for Turn, being added to it. This OEM DRO 246 and it shows current tool and current offset in the format xxyy. Adding a 'T' in the formatting string makes it look even better: Txxyy.

Also, as I have a servo motor on my spindle and do (kind of) rigid tapping and indexing I would like to see a rotary axis DRO as suggested above by Rich.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 11:54:42 AM »
If I may suggest something, I'd love to see the new Tool DRO, Brian implemented for Turn, being added to it. This OEM DRO 246 and it shows current tool and current offset in the format xxyy. Adding a 'T' in the formatting string makes it look even better: Txxyy.

I have a good idea on this. How about I give you the option of what DRO to use for the"CURRENT TOOL" display at the top? Basically a radio button selection for the old style DRO or the new one on the settings screen tab.

Also, as I have a servo motor on my spindle and do (kind of) rigid tapping and indexing I would like to see a rotary axis DRO as suggested above by Rich.

I would love to hear more about this I was thinking about creating a tapping wizard for the IPS system for people with this ability.

As for the rotary axis DRO... I may create a duplicate screen when I got this finished with 3rd axis support.
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
Nice work!
I have noticed that an optional stop button is not available.
This would be nice as well with a indicator led to indicate that it is activated.
Mark

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
Nice work!
I have noticed that an optional stop button is not available.
This would be nice as well with a indicator led to indicate that it is activated.
Mark

Look at the last screen shot of cycle I posted... its there.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
Selecting which DRO you'd like to see is fine I think. Don't know though why would someone want the old type DRO - it's either you use the tool table in Mach or not, and if you do you then you have an offset for each tool.

The way I do tapping is by using the spindle as a rotary axis (the SwapAxis command in swaps outputs of spindle and 'A' axis) and then program like this:

G1 Z-10 A10

This will rotate the spindle 10 revolutions and advance the tap 10mm into the workpiece. So this will tap 1mm pitch thread to a depth of 10mm - M6x1 for instance. Then a reverse move to pull the tap out.

An option for a wizard would be entering the pitch and depth and it would calculate the number of turns of the spindle and output the Gcode.

Dan