Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 11:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  Mach Discussion
| |-+  General Mach Discussion
| | |-+  Mach3 and Cutting a Circle
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mach3 and Cutting a Circle  (Read 1517 times)
ranchak

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »

I'm trying to cut a circle and it's not coming out a smooth circle. I did a search of the forum and it looks like most of the time it's backlash causing the problem. I don't think that's my problem here. I believe it's my motor tuning, I can hear the axis not running smoothly. I'm not really sure where I should have my velocity, acceleration, step pulse and direction pulses set to. I can attach an XML file tomorrow if needed.
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:48:20 AM »

If you are cutting the circle with GCode created from a CAD program then there is a good chance that the circumference consists of many straight lines and depending on the resolution it could be quite rough and lead to the problem you describe.
Try cutting a circle using the Mach wizard which uses circular interpolation, which is as near to a curve as you are going to get, and see if that improves the situation.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
ranchak

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:01:05 AM »

I can try that, but I haven't had this problem on my BP using a different program. This router is new to me and I've just set it up, I'm pretty sure that I do not have my settings optimized.
PCH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »

I keep get error messages in the circle wizard. No matter what I change I get the Vb error or radius from end of arc differs from radius on line 5
I need a tutorial on these wizards. Angry
Thanks
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 01:45:38 AM »

I keep get error messages in the circle wizard. No matter what I change I get the Vb error or radius from end of arc differs from radius on line 5
I need a tutorial on these wizards. Angry
Thanks

The error issue is addressed here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,21058.msg146453.html#msg146453

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: