Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:22:09 PM

Author Topic: Is SS still being supported  (Read 5212 times)

Is SS still being supported
« on: October 26, 2009, 02:33:49 PM »
I purchased my SS in March and just now getting it installed.

I searched the forum and several people have suggested the SS is no longer supported.

I went to the Warp9td site and looked at the last update and its 2009-01-22    PlugIn: SmoothStepper_Beta2_v015ogb.m3p

Is this still a viable product?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Is SS still being supported
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »
Post exactly what you posted here on the Warp9 site. Ask Greg was is happening directly. He replied to the status
on few things questions directly in the last week or so.
RICH
SS Time out error
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »
Anybody  had a time out error with SS when mach booted up .I have windows XP , Mach 3 , and SS for taig cnc mill, I have disabled Printer ports to reduce conflicts . I have had it running whith no problems but after shutting down computer a couple of times it returns at startup of mach3 with time out error then locks up mach 3 trying to send error messages to microsoft . When it`s working it`s brilliant . Mark

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
There have been several new updates made the SS USB driver and Mach plug-in so far this year. If you check the downloads page you will see the latest versions.

@bushells - You might get more responses if you start a new thread for your question. It sounds like to me that you may not have the power savings things set up correctly on your PC. Go to www.soigeneris.com and look in the documentation section for a SmoothStepper installation guide I wrote. I may help.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »
You where right Jeff i looked in USB ports and Hubs and found the power save on in the hubs .I turned power save off , started up several times and has not failed since . Thanks for advice Jeff  it`s the simple things that get overlooked