Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:28:28 AM

Author Topic: Taskbar and NFS wizards  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Taskbar and NFS wizards
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »
When you get to the code preview page of (at least) the cut circle wizard the "back" button is hidden behind my task bar. The only way to get to the button is to unlock the taskbar and/or make it autohide. The very bottom of the screen should be reserved (or something) so you can get to items in that area. I notice that Mach itself seems to reserve some space at the bottom - or at least something happens so there's no conflict.
 Can anything be done about this for the wizards?

Sage
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:12:58 PM by Sage »

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Taskbar and NFS wizards
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
Sage

It is a common error that screen designers make. 

This particular issue looks to have crept in with the latest revision of the Newfangled Wizards.  Not there in my older set.

Only effects screen page number 19.  The Toolpath Preview page.  All other pages are fine.

Easily fixed. 

Edit that page (19)  with MachScreen and shift the back button and the text beside it, up by about twenty pixels.  Problem gone.   ;)

Greg

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
It's nice to know that I can fix it myself and I might give that a try, but I guess the point was to point out the problem so it can be corrected at the source for future releases.

Thanks

Sage
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »
That page has not been changed for some time, but I will make a note to move the button up. Using the screen editor to fix it yourself is easy if its a big problem. I do my testing on a big screen, but do not maximize the window, I run it at 1024,768 which is the default window size.

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
I assume what your saying is that your screen resolution is set at something like 1280x1024 and you run mach and size the window to only take up 1024x768?
 Can't argue with that if you have a big screen but it might be useful to test at the designed full screen resolution so you can see what (most) others are seeing.
I run a full screen 1024x768 on my laptop development computer (whch is where I noticed the issue). Any higher resolution and things get too small. No problem on my actual CNC display since, like you, I run it at some really high resolution and only use part of the screen.

P.S> I did fix it myself. I found it necessary to move the button and description over to the right under the preview screen since there was not enough room for it to fully display clear of the task bar if simply moved up a bit.

Sage

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »

I do my testing on a big screen, but do not maximize the window, I run it at 1024,768 which is the default window size.

The standard Mach3 screen pages all allow room at the bottom of a page for the taskbar on 1024 x 768. 

I always keep control elements to an area of 1024 x 700, when doing screen design.

Yes there is "taskbar auto hide" and "auto screen enlarge" but IMHO this is a good precedent to stay with in screen layout.

Greg