Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:37:05 PM

Author Topic: Limit and home coordinates questions  (Read 3663 times)

Limit and home coordinates questions
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:21:21 AM »
A few questions maybe someone can help me with??

1) When I trigger a limit switch (intentionally-for testing purposes), I cannot get Mach to let me move off the switch. I tried checking the "Auto limits override" and the "Manual override" but neither seem to work. Mach will not let me reset after a limit trips until the limit is manually deactivated.

2) I trip a limit switch and Mach goes into reset as expected. At this point if I hit the reset button my servos are enabled but Mach still is in a RESET mode and will not come out of reset.

3) How do I get Mach to automatically set my coordinates after a REF ALL? I have my Y axis home switch in the far positive position and would like Mach to set coordinates appropriately for the Y axis (it should be at machine coordinates +34.00 not 0.00)

I"m running Mach 3.043.022 and the Galil Plugin with a DMC1856

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Limit and home coordinates questions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 03:36:52 AM »
1. Manual  Override needs pressed each time you want to reset after hitting a switch but Auto Limits Override should work fine.

2. Again that is not normal,

3. Enter a Home Off value equal to the distance the axis is away from machine zero when homed. Doing that will enter that value into the DRO instead of Zero.

For your first two issues it sounds like it may well be a Galil problem as it is certainly not correct and has never been an issue for me.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
Ok, I played around with this for a few hours today and nothing seems to change this. It seems like the "Limits Override" button on the settings page has no functionality. Mach will not clear the EStop with the limit signal hi. Should I try re-installing Mach?

I uploaded a video showing the behavior of the limit switch being triggered. Maybe that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIeQWPUctU

Also included the Galil debug file and the xml and the last errors file

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »
I have watched the video and I would say it is definitely a Galil plugin issue. Suggest you either ask in the Galil part of the forum and hopefully one of the plugin creators will be able to sort you out.
Hood