Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 04:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  General CNC Chat
| |-+  Share Your GCode
| | |-+  Demo Gcode
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Demo Gcode  (Read 143605 times)
Skysurfer
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 05:34:47 AM »

7zip is good & free for .rar files.

A thought...It might be useful for all tap files to come with a max table size in their description...?

Thanks for the post, most useful. Cool
Leighton
Holding

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 02:43:53 AM »

Thank you for the demos , I have had my cnc for a week and have been trying to get my head around G code so I can see if it works.
Regards.
Leighton
Tweakie.CNC
CNC is only limited by our imagination.
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 01:55:40 AM »

Hi Guys,

Over the last weekend, I have added a few more Gcode files to the .zip folder in post #1 of this thread and I will add more Gcode files as they become available.

I have never had any problems running Imperial Unit Gcode programs on my Metric machines and I assume the same applies in reverse, provided the Gcode contains a G20 or G21 ( as appropriate). However, Graham Waterworth has written an excellent and very useful little program that can be used to scale / convert Gcode from Imperial to Metric or Metric to Imperial. This thread refers; http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2893.0.html

It is usual to have the Gcode origin (X0, Y0) at the bottom left hand corner of the workpiece but for different reasons we may each prefer to have our Gcode origin in a different location. There is an excellent FREE software program available from Scorch Works which will re-calculate Gcode to move the origin to one of many different locations. This software can also be used as a backplotter converting Gcode to a .dxf and also a number of other functions are available. It can be downloaded from here; http://www.scorchworks.com/Gcoderipper/gcoderipper.html

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 02:19:29 AM »

This outline engraving of a young colt was downloaded as a FREE silhouette from http://vectorink.com/ and the Gcode created with Vectric Aspire. The Gcode file has now been added to the .zip folder.

Tweakie.

* colt-horse-vector-0071.jpg (9.93 KB, 200x200 - viewed 200 times.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:48:19 AM by Tweakie.CNC » Logged

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 07:07:05 AM »

I have added a couple more horse outline engraving Gcode files to the .zip folder also a reworked Chucks Deer V-Carve Gcode (which is just less than the 500 lines).

Tweakie.

* Horse.jpg (9.54 KB, 200x200 - viewed 145 times.)

* Horse2.jpg (9.23 KB, 200x200 - viewed 151 times.)

rchavez101

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »

Hello Everyone. After looking at this forum for a while I have decided to join. I am almost done with my home made router CNC. I would like to know about the Gcode files that are available in the first post. I still have the demo mode so I know that I am limited to 500 lines or less. When looking at the free G code in the first post how do I know what material thickness and Z depth that the code calls for. I am wanting to test out my machine with one of these samples. Thanks in advance.
Robert
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

The demo Gcodes are all about learning how to use Mach3 and understanding Gcode so you are starting out on a great adventure my friend.

As an example, load Alien.tap. You will notice that the Gcode contains a G20 which tells us that the code has been written in Imperial (Inch) units. Click on Toolpath (Alt-4) and you will see the ‘Program Limits’ which tells us that the image size will be X Range + / - 2.4605” and Y Range + / - 3.4136” with a cut depth of 1/8”. These dimensions can be easily altered by returning to the Program Run screen and altering the Scale DRO’s – a value of 1.0000 is full size, a value of 0.5000 is half size, a value of 2.0000 is double size and so on. After changing a Scale DRO press ‘Enter’ (CR) then ‘Regen. Toolpath’. Returning to the ‘ToolPath’ screen will show the revised ‘Program Limits’. It should also be noted that Alien.tap has it’s Datum (X0,Y0) at the centre of the work (many Gcodes have the Datum at the lower left hand corner of the work).

Cut depth can be altered by changing the Z axis Scale DRO but it may be better to alter the Gcode program itself. Using Notepad select Edit / Replace, copy the first negative Z value found (in this case Z-0.050) into the ‘Find what’ box then type in your selected depth into the ‘Replace with’ box, then click ‘Replace All’ – then save the changes.

The dimension and cut depth for all the Demo Gcode programs can be found and altered in this way.

To run Alien.tap ‘as-is’, select a suitable material => 5” x 7” x ¼” set the cutter to dead centre of the work and zero the X and Y axis DRO’s, set the cutter (I suggest a ‘V’ bit for this one) just touching the surface of the work and zero the Z axis DRO, raise the Z axis so the cutter is clear of the work. Click on ‘Cycle Start’ and away you go. If necessary adjust Feed-Rate with the FRO slider.

The more you do the easier it all becomes but be prepared for some mega fails along the way.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:15:54 AM by Tweakie.CNC » Logged

rchavez101

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 09:02:17 AM »

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

The demo Gcodes are all about learning how to use Mach3 and understanding Gcode so you are starting out on a great adventure my friend.

As an example, load Alien.tap. You will notice that the Gcode contains a G20 which tells us that the code has been written in Imperial (Inch) units. Click on Toolpath (Alt-4) and you will see the ‘Program Limits’ which tells us that the image size will be X Range + / - 2.4605” and Y Range + / - 3.4136” with a cut depth of 1/8”. These dimensions can be easily altered by returning to the Program Run screen and altering the Scale DRO’s – a value of 1.0000 is full size, a value of 0.5000 is half size, a value of 2.0000 is double size and so on. After changing a Scale DRO press ‘Enter’ (CR) then ‘Regen. Toolpath’. Returning to the ‘ToolPath’ screen will show the revised ‘Program Limits’. It should also be noted that Alien.tap has it’s Datum (X0,Y0) at the centre of the work (many Gcodes have the Datum at the lower left hand corner of the work).

Cut depth can be altered by changing the Z axis Scale DRO but it may be better to alter the Gcode program itself. Using Notepad select Edit / Replace, copy the first negative Z value found (in this case Z-0.050) into the ‘Find what’ box then type in your selected depth into the ‘Replace with’ box, then click ‘Replace All’ – then save the changes.

The dimension and cut depth for all the Demo Gcode programs can be found and altered in this way.

To run Alien.tap ‘as-is’, select a suitable material => 5” x 7” x ¼” set the cutter to dead centre of the work and zero the X and Y axis DRO’s, set the cutter (I suggest a ‘V’ bit for this one) just touching the surface of the work and zero the Z axis DRO, raise the Z axis so the cutter is clear of the work. Click on ‘Cycle Start’ and away you go. If necessary adjust Feed-Rate with the FRO slider.

The more you do the easier it all becomes but be prepared for some mega fails along the way.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

Tweakie,
Thank you so so much for the valuable information!! I am looking forward to this journey.
Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 04:08:52 AM »

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

THANKS for this info on changing dimensions & cut depth it's very helpful, I look forward to trying some of these sample GCode later today!
Bucks

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 05:57:12 AM »

Success at last!  THANKS Andrew for starting this thread & Twinkie for your valued contributions its much appreciated, managed to cut a scorpion at 50% & one at 25% following Twinkies instructions above  Smiley

* IMG_4822.JPG (2200.5 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 225 times.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
Print
Jump to: