Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:48:46 AM

Author Topic: NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION  (Read 60138 times)

Re: NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 07:29:44 PM »
Choose he Newfangled title in the wizards list.

The license also works with  Nfsturn, CopyCat, and DrilWiz
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
What do I have to do to get copycat to see my license?  I get a no wizard license.  Using v2.86 and it runs fine and puts out gcode, but when I run copycat it displays no wizard license.  Thanks in advance.
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
I do not see how that can happen.  The wizard just uses the IsWiz() call to mach. I cant understand it working on the Mill Addons and not CopyCat.

Will you please try the DrilWiz and see what it returns?
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 08:34:32 AM »
i must be getting old but i just downloaded the 286. i have to put it on a stick so i can take it out to the shop to put it in the pc where mach is. do i unzip before i put it on the stick?
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 09:29:01 AM »
It doesn't matter where you unzipit, as long as the files wind up in the right place on the shop system.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
thanks ron.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
well i got the 286 installed and i got the error on line 22. dont no what that means but when i closed it and reopened it all was fine. i'll keep the older versions installed just in case i have problems.
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
There is a problem if you keep two versions. One must have a different folder name, like Newfangled286. This causes a problem on the setup screen because it looks for the materials file in the folder Newfangled.

It is best to just keep one version installed, and be sure its in the Newfangled folder.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 08:04:18 PM »
I have a question about how the y axis is controlled using the nfs wizard gear cutting wizard.  I am have some trouble getting it to work properly.
thanks in advance Dave
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 09:47:08 PM »
Gear cutting uses a subroutine called index.tap which is in the subroutines folder. The Y moves are in the subroutine.

The basic motion is to set Y to the first cut depth, advance the cutter in the X direction, then backup to the xstart position. Then the subroutine advances Y one step depth and the X move repeats. When Y has made all the steps to full cut depth the cutter is rotated one tooth and the cycle repeats.