Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:19 AM

Author Topic: NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION  (Read 60125 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »
This is the latest version of the software.

V2.86 fixes a bug where the material number was using the same DRO as the Xcenter value in the circular hole array wizard.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:08:41 AM by Ron Ginger »
Re: NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
Whenever I make a change to the NFS wizards I will place the new version here. It will be in the form of a zip file with the name Newfangled### where the ### will be the latest version number.

To install this you simply download the zip file, and un-zip it into your C:\Mach3\Addons folder.

The normal unzip will leave this with the ### Part. If you want to keep an old version around you can leave it this way, just select it from the wizard menu. More likely you will want to delete the old folder C:\Mach3\Addons\Newfangled then rename to the new one to remove the ###
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
This version is vastly improved over the one I bought several years ago.  The threading now works... thanks!

One bug, however,  Threading does not seem to include feed speeds in the G-code?

I'm adding the feed speed to the G-code manually but it would be great if you could fix it sometime.

Thanks,

Jim Vogeley

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »
Thanks for the compliments on the improvements. I have tried to make it a better wizard.

You are right on the feed. I looked at the code quickly and see that in a couple of the conditions it adds a Feed to the first G01 move, but it never adds one to the G2 or G3.

Its going to be a problem to fix in a neat way, because all the G2 or 3 moves are inside a loop and if I add Feed it will be added to every G2 or G3 line. There  is nothing wrong with that, it just makes the code look ugly.

I am just finishing a major project in a set of Turn wizards. I'm sure after I release that I'll get a few bugs to track down. But I will get to the thread problem as soon as I can.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:06:23 AM »
I have a Tormach PCNC and a NewFangled license for v2.75... I down loaded the v2.86 file and copied it to my harddrive... C:\PCNC3\Addons\ ...folder. It came up as Newfangled286.  On the Mach3 screen built for Tormach.. I pulled down the Wizard Select and both Newfangled and Newfangled286 showed.  After picking Newfangled 286 the first page showed and when I clicked on 'Material Selection' there was no response...when I clicked on 'Help about materials' the dialogue box was blank... finally, pressing the 'Continue' button does nothing.  To exit the wiz I had to shut Mach3 down.

I would like to use Newfangled286 but I can't without some help......!!!

Thanks.. 
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:24:54 AM »
You must delete the old folder called Newfangled, then rename the new folded to remove the 286. It must be just Newfangled. The material button looks for a material table with the path name of \Addons\Newfangled.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »
Thanks for the info ..... we'll make it work..!

Offline BPR

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 04:46:04 AM »
Aloha Ron,

I recently purchased Mach3 and the NFS Wizard license. I am also fairly new to CNC, but am loving it so far. I have version 2.63 installed on my Mikini (the latest lock-down has issues with my mill), and I was wondering if the latest version of NSF Wizards (2.86) was compatible with Mach3 2.63? When I install the Newfangled folder in my addons and try to run the Wizard, I get an empty window and it crashes Mach. The release that came pre-installed with Mach3 2.63 runs fine, but I wanted to use the latest version of your Wizards. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?

And yes, I renamed it by deleting the 286 at the end. I restarted the machine, etc., But it still just hangs with an empty window.

Mahalo,

Paul
Blue Planet Research/ Hawaii
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 08:27:15 AM »
I have not run mach 2.63 in a very long time, but the wizards use only the base mach screen functions, so it ought to run. I vaguely recall some screen changes with V3 of mach, but thats a long time ago. If it crashes then I guess you have determined its not compatible.

I would really figure out your issues with running the latest mach and get up to date.
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »
I just purchased the Milling Addon License. Which addon do I use this license with?