Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:16:08 AM

Author Topic: NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION  (Read 60127 times)

Re: NEWFANGLED SOLUTIONS SOFTWARE - LATEST VERSION
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »
Is V2.86 still the latest version?  
If so what is Newfangled Mill Wizard is it a different product?  I have purchased the Newfangled add-ons licence (WinLic.dat) and am using the Newfangled wizards most of all.  Should I install the new installer MillWizard_Installer_Version_1.0.13 or is this something entirely different (i.e. is it for Mach4 only)?  I am running Mach3 on a SIEG KX3.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:09:35 PM by EtheAv8r »
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »
There are two sets of wizards.The Newfangled Addons are only for Mach3, they use the VB and screen design features. V2.86 is the latest.

The Newfangled Wizard for Mill is a new product that will be used with Mach4, but it is written in C++ and is a fully standalone program, you can run it on any windows PC.

The Addons are simplest to use if you are running Mach3, they are integrated into the package and just a couple4 clicks gets your code ready to run. The New Wizard has a few things the old one didnt, like engraving and some pocketing code. We are working on several new features for the Mill Wizard, so someday it will be a much better wizard.
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 03:47:49 AM »
Thank you.  I must stick with Mach3 for my mill, in fact the SIEG support requires that we use version 3.041 and not upgrade from that. 
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 04:20:11 PM »
Hello support team,
I downloaded MillWizard and tried it out in Metric system. I found a bug in drilling. It seams like metric units are chosen, but it keep counting imperial units.
I've added a screenshot. Milling range is 100x100mm, drilling holes are by coords in square 90x90mm. Depth set to 1mm. As you can see from the screen, depth is closer to 25mm (1").

Offline Filou

•  59 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2020, 09:09:36 AM »
Pretty old thread, but my observation / issue seems to be topical.
With Mach3, I run my original NFS wizards without problems.

When I run CopyCat, I can follow a path and generate a series of points; G-code gets loaded in Mach3 and can be executed.

However, if I attempt to EDIT this code, Mach3 opens the Note editor with an empty file, claiming that the file created by CopyCat could not be found.  An EDIT attempt from within CopyCat triggers the same behavior.

From Win7, I can navigate to the folder in which CopyCat and other scripts write their files. Interestingly, the file I'm looking for is not VISIBLE by Windows, but is displayed if looked after by Mach3 (with a locker symbol),  and it can indeed be re-loaded.

The true issue is that I don't seem to be able to edit this file.

So I wonder if I have a license to use the scripts ? How can I be sure ? I do not remember at the time of purchase if the Wizards were included in my PO or not.

Unless, there is an attribute of that folder that needs to be changed at the system level; I checked that System, Admin, Users all have full credentials for this particular folder. Only the Owner has no credentials, and when I try to change them using my ADMIN rights nothing changes, i.e. the new credentials are not granted.

Grateful for any comment you may provide, enjoy the rest of the week. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »
Although I don't use them I think all the Newfangled Solutions wizards, including Copy Cat, require the additional license. Perhaps check you Mach3 folder for 'WinLic.dat' if it is there then you have the license.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Filou

•  59 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »
Howdy,

Thank you. Indeed, I do not have any other license file as the one needed to run Mach3. Thus, if your assumption is correct, the wizard’s files are « made invisible » by Mach3, even though I can use them, one at the time, but not modify them.

The copy job I must finish is not so immense and I did it the « old fashion » way. Jog, human read, human write in a file, jog, repeat as many times as needed. Done.

Enjoy the rest of your WE, Philippe

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2021, 04:24:59 AM »
I'm using: Mach3 Version R3.043.062 - Wizards Version 2.86

Something very strange is happening and I can't seem to pinpoint where the error is coming in when using the Gear Cutting Wizard in NFS.
What happens is, after many trials, that the Y feed in the created subroutine file index.tap equates to the material choice in the wizards. So if I select hard steel (Material No4) then the feed in the Gcode (in index.tap) is listed as F4 - material 6, F6 and so on.

Am I missing something or is this some sort of bug? I can, of course, edit the index.tap file but I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Matt
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 04:27:07 AM by Clockworld »

Offline Filou

•  59 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2021, 04:36:33 AM »
not sure I understand what you mean. could you please copy and paste an example of your observations ? Philippe
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2021, 04:52:42 AM »
I hope this explains a little further. Below is the Gcode the index.tap subroutine file:

G01 Y57 F1
G01 X40 F101.7
G00 Y60
X0
G01 Y56 F1
G01 X40 F101.7
G00 Y60
X0
G91 A6
G90
M99

The issue is with the Y moves. The feed for Y is F1.
The 'F1' equates to the material I have selected in the wizard.
This changes and equates directly to the material number - ie if I select material 4 then the feed becomes F4 etc etc.
The material.txt file appears to be fine (default) and if you add a new material, say 10, then, you guessed it, F10 is inserted into the G code.

I can only assujme it is a bug.

Matt