Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:42:36 AM

Author Topic: Spindle (AC Servo vs VFD)  (Read 7232 times)

Offline Katoh

•  287 287
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle (AC Servo vs VFD)
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 06:18:56 AM »
This is quite Bizarre, I only got notification tonight of the reply to this post,reply is nearly 3 months old?
Anyhow lets keep it going with an update on the mill. Yes If I add the dollars it would be truly upsetting, and like most things is becoming a pit with no bottom. No its not that bad! I loved what CS labs do and was quite prepared to go with what they had, but my trouble is I wanted the not just to have my cake and eat but a box of lager to flush it down. They offered my half of the package, I wont get into details, on the other hand Vital-systems offered me what I wanted but at a greater cost. i opted for the later.
Biggest trouble at the moment is that horrible thing called work, and simply to much of it. I just haven’t had a chance to put all this wonderful gear into action, I have all the interface, bearings, z ballscrew ect ect ect, just sitting a box ready to go. I also have a 2.2kw servo for the lathe to be used as a spindle, from what I have read I can use it both as an axis and a spindle. I will remove the PP setup I have now and replace it with the Smooth Stepper Eathernet controller and Mach4, but again time is my enemy, what little time I get free I find myself snoozing over the keyboard." how pathetic of me!" Problem is in order of necessity there is 5 more jobs prior not to this to not to mention work from outside for everyday live.
The birdcage is built, this is a unit on top of spindle simply for spindle feedback, I will expand when all are setup.
Cheers
Katoh