Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:00:33 PM

Author Topic: Probing license available in the personal edition?  (Read 6172 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Probing license available in the personal edition?
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »
Does the probing work in personal? I have not been playing with MSM or my mill for a while. I get a scrolling marquee claiming "probing unlicensed". I am just reloading computers getting ready for the resurrection of 1 of my mills. Btw I did purchase the personal license I am not still running a beta.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
Re: Probing license available in the personal edition?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 06:12:42 PM »
Hi,
The probing operations do require the professional edition.
You can upgrade the personal to the pro edition - the upgrade price is close to the delta between the personal and professional edition prices.
Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:59:07 PM »
No issues on price just curious of personals content.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »
HI,
Info re the features in each edition are avail from the CVI web site at www.CalypsoVentures.com
Under the "MachStdMill" menu are the pages with this info.
Personal Edition page: summarizes the key features of the personal edition.
Professional Edition page: Gives the major features that Pro adds
Edition comparisons: this gives a summary of the differences - including calling out the difference in licenses (personal use vs commercial use).

MSM v1.1. was recently released and the probing support was a major area of focus for the release.
There are a couple of videos now on the CalypsoVentures site that give a quick overview of the software's features. The 2nd video on the home page, introduces the probing operations for v1.1 (starts about 3:00 into the video).

BTW - most of the support activity for MSM has moved to our user forum - avail from the CVI web site or CalypsoVentures.proboards.com
Please feel free to drop over there and ask if you have any questions.

Dave

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:54:32 PM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com