Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 04:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Calendar Links Login Register
+  Machsupport Forum
|-+  G-Code, CAD, and CAM
| |-+  G-Code, CAD, and CAM discussions
| | |-+  Enroute 4.2 to Mach 3
Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Enroute 4.2 to Mach 3  (Read 2253 times)
Signdraft

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »

Hi Guys,

We have recently upgraded out Multicam 3 Axis CNC router from the proprietory control system to a system that uses server drives driven by mach 3.

The question / issue i now have relates to the post processor that Enroute uses to output the code to Mach3 (mill).

Just as a note - i know 2/5 of bugger all about G-Code as i am not a machinist, I learnt to program and use our router through enroute only! I have had only VERY limited G-Cade experience and dont know any of the codes off by heart!

I am using the "Mach 3 IJARCS" post processor ( called a driver in Enroute) however i am finding the following problems:

I have attached the .TAP file output by Enroute and will discuss the lines that i notice faults on.

1) - Line N30 - Enroute is putting a tool command in the G code asking for tool that does not exist - We do NOT have a tool changer and we install the tool as per my program in Enroute
2) - Enroute is not calling for the misting unit to be activated on plunge ( G8 i believe should be the code to activate the mister, and G9 to de-activate? but i'm not sure of these codes)
3) - Tool Movement speeds seem to be in incorrect units - I have selected mm/second in the program, but it still seems to output in mm/minute (I have not had a chance to work out what is actually happening here - but the driver is definitely not using the units i selected)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, I have emailed SAi who make EnRoute to see if there is a post processor that is known to work with mach but i have had no reply.

Cheers
Rob.

* SDTEST.TAP (0.47 KB - downloaded 77 times.)
Tweakie.CNC
Global Moderator

Super Kitty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 02:34:27 AM »

Hi Rob,

I have no experience of Enroute but in the past, when trying different software, I have always found the Fanuc post processor to work OK with Mach.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
Signdraft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »

Thanks Tweakie!

I will give that a go,

I also got a reply from SAIntl who make Enroute who seemed keen to alter the post processor to assist with our problems!

I'll see what works best, and if they do provide a post that works i'll upload it here Smiley

Thanks again for the reply!
asitech

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »

hi
did u fix the post?
can u sher it?
thenks
asi
Signdraft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:15:49 PM »

This never got completed,
I am now using V-Carve Pro to do all my work!

Regards
Rob.
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: