Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 02:34:53 AM

Author Topic: Image on an Image  (Read 4384 times)

Image on an Image
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
I am working on a new screen set. It has a background image on page 0, obviously to be seen on every page.

In one area I want to place a small image specific to each screen. I created a few jpgs and placed them on the screens.

Two of them work just as expected- the small image appears over the background.

Two others show in Machscreen, but are not visible when Mach runs. All were created the same way, placed in the same way. I tried on one screen placing an image that works fine on another screen, but it wont show.

Any idea what going on? I cant do any layer switch because the images are on different screens.
Re: Image on an Image
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »
I solved my problem by not doing i.

Instead of one big background image for all the screen I broke the background into two parts, a top and bottom, leaving the center of the screen clear.

Now  I can place my small images there and they appear just fine.

I see a lot of screens designed with single background images, so it must be possible, but isit just alimit that you cant put images on the image. Buttons, LEDs etc seem OK, images dont work.

Anyway, I have a work-around.

thanks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 12:11:19 AM »
I use Screen4, but anytime I've tried using images on images, I had the same results that you're seeing. Splitting the images up is a good idea, though.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 03:19:36 AM »
Hi Ron,

if you could send me  the screen set with that displaying problem, I'll have a look at it.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.