Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:38:49 PM

Author Topic: No License?  (Read 11560 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
No License?
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
For some reason all the sudden when I click on the NFS wizard, I get a message that there is no license for NFS.  I double checked and even recopied my WizLic.dat file into the Mach3 directory and I still get the message.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Vince
Re: No License?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:13:42 PM »
Sounds like something is wrong with the license. Are you sure it is correctly named? Windows likes to not display known types, so it might show WizLic without the .dat I saw that once, so I added the .dat, but now the real file name becomes WizLic.dat.dat

If you donyt have a backup of your license file on another machine, then contact support@machsupport.com, they should be able to replace the license.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
I copied the license I received in the original email, WizLic.dat.  What is interesting is that the window that opens says Mach4.

Vince
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 11:02:48 PM »
It looks like I'm having the same problem. I'm able to access the Wizards OK and make my changes, but when I post the code, there is a message "Unlicenced copy etc". I'm running an older version of Mach 3  -  R1.84.001. This last couple of days is the first time that I have used a Wizard, it worked OK cutting out the circles, but when I wanted a rectangle, that's when the message first appeared.
Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks  Peter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 06:27:25 AM »
That is going to have to answered by Brian. The wizard has no control over the license, its read by Mach when the wizard exits and the code is replaced by the message.

Ill talk to Brian about it.
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 12:47:11 PM »
OK thanks. In the meantime I'll uninstalll and reinstall to see if that makes a difference.
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
That made no difference. I've uninstalled, re-installed and made sure the license was sitting in the same folder. Mach knows it's a licensed copy because my name is shown when I click on "Help - about". I'm stumped.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:02:07 PM »
There are two licenses needed. Mach1Lic.dat is the mach license. It will show up in the help about box.

WizLIc.dat is only for the Newfangled wizards. The help box know nothing about it. If you do not have it you can run the wizards, see the code, but when you return to Mach from the wizard the code is deleted and you get the message in the code window about unlicensed wizard.

Are we talking about the the right license here?
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
Thank you Ron, that sorted that out pretty quickly, for me anyway.

Sorry Vince, I seem to have hijacked your thread a bit.

Cheers

Peter

andrewm

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »
The mach4 only means its revision 4 of the mach3 series. It doesn't impact the wizards in a way, if you wizlic.dat file doesn't let you run the wizards.

Vince, what version of Mach3 are you running?