Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:06:00 PM

Author Topic: Write a plugin for USB  (Read 26520 times)

Re: Write a plugin for USB
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 08:10:50 AM »
Hi
I am also looking for plugin for usb.
Has any one made it?
Please guide me with this.

About a year ago I was also interested in finding a USB plugin for Mach3 and had no success in my search so I decided to make one myself using VS2013 and PIC microcontroller. After some months working on it on my free time I moved from PIC to arduino as it is less time consuming and some days ago I finally got my CNC working with the system I created. You can see the first test here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O385I6P_o8o

As you can see the motors do not move perfectly because I used DC motors with low resolution encoders (16 steps per revolution) and the control is based on a PID algorithm so it will always have some error between desired position and current position (about 5 steps) but it has an advantage: it will never lose steps permanently as the PID algorithm is constantly correcting the error.

As I said here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,27232.0.html I have the intention to share the plugin and the firmware as it would be helpful for some hobbyst who is not ready to buy a commercial motion controller.

I am working on some improvements now. Shortly I will post another video milling something and if there is sufficient interest I will release the pluging.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
Excellent work Peta.

I am looking forward to seeing your next video and hearing more about your achievements with the plugin.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »
Thank you Tweakie.CNC

I forgot to mention an important thing:

The controller is just for servo motors (DC motor with encoder) but I do think it's not too hard to adapt it for stepper motors.