Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:00:40 AM

Author Topic: windows 7  (Read 8433 times)

windows 7
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:18 PM »
Hi I would like to know somthing . Does mch 3 work with windows 7 My computer has been acting up and my computer man said today he had a computer with windows 7 on it .I wasnt sure so he said get back to him  tomaorrow.  My computer hasnt wanted to start all winter we cant find out what is the matter . Then when it does run it wants to do weird things took mach off reinstalled everything. Got computer from him and he said he will replace it 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: windows 7
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:48:17 AM »
Mach using the Parallel Port needs 32bit version, if using external devices such as the SmoothStepper etc then 32 or 64 bit versions are fine.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 11:00:05 AM »
this windows 7 uses 32 bit and he turned on the parallel port . I told him I didnt think it would work under 64 bit . the machine uses ordinary steppers and gecko drives with a cnc 4pc board.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »
Should be fine then :)
Hood
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »
Thanks hood I was just looking on the home page and I saw that it would work as long as it was not 32 bit. Sorry and thanks for the info. I guess that after a while we forget some things. But can I ask you one more Question. I was looking at the screen mach std miill 2010. v.1.0.2 It said that I would have to buy a licence. Okay. But it didnt say how much it also said that I had to have a licence for every computer. I have the computer that I use for my machine. 90% of the time I would only have it on that computer but I do all my work in the house. I have another computer there. Which I do all the design work on. Does this mean that I cant use this program there Even though it would nver be used to do any work with except to once in a while I may want to see if a code will work and willnot have to run across the yard and into the shop to see.  Also they didnt have the price on the licence. HOW MUCH is it. and how long is it good for. What I could read and find out it looked like it was only good for 6 month as a bundled package. That is not very long . I havent made any money with my machine it is only for hobby work and s small bit of work locally. Could you give me some help with this info...... All I really need is a easy way to set up my machine so that when I change my bits I can zero the bit like they do in that window. Now I do it the hard way . I zero the bit every time by seting the bit jpg to zero then resetting windows . It takes 5 or more minutes each time I do it so I try to do everything with one or two bits. Would be so much easyier if I could do it that way.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:32:53 AM »
Says here you can put it on two computers.
http://www.calypsoventures.com/purchase/licensing.html
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:36:06 AM »
Also worth mentioning that the MSM screen is not Artsoft, it is from Calypso Ventures so a totally different company. Afraid I know nothing about it but the link Gerry posted should give you the info you want.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Thanks I just whent to ther site the price isnt to bad But I dont know how long there updates are avalible for with licence I will  get a hold of them and check it out sorry I thought that mach put it out. Do yous know of any one using this program and have you heard how they like it.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
I have heard a lot of people saying they like it but have never tried it myself so cant comment  from personal experience.

There has been a lot of confusion with people thinking it was part of Mach, I think this is due to at the start it was possibly going to be part of Rev4 of Mach but then Brian and Dave must have decided it best if Dave just sold it as a stand alone product.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »
Ya I have been thinking the same thing from what I have been reading.  Also is mach going to have a new release mach 4 from what I have been reading. Will it make all my old equipment obsilete or any thing. I hope not I also hope I wount need windows 7 or somthing.  You know I have been using mach 3 for close to 4 years now hwen I built my first machine That is the only program I gave a lot of thought to. GLAD idid It has never let me down. In thoughs days I had only dial up internt couldnt use the forums. Just got high spped 2 month ago . I use a wirless hub pay by the gig. or meg really. But it is lovely. ( Expensive )  I hope they keep up the good work. The only problem Is I cant take a glpl printer program. for vynl cutting and convert it to work with mach gcode. But I am working on it. Just need to make mach give the cutter offset.