Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:07:55 PM

Author Topic: Pokey55 and MPG issues  (Read 12688 times)

Re: Pokey55 and MPG issues
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
Arturo,

I'm using the pinouts form "M2R4_User_Manual.pdf" which has x-axis selector on prokeys pin 46 and corresponds to db25 connector pin 7, grounded through the enable switch and db25 pin 14/prokeys gnd. But when I look at the m2r4 motherboard traces I see a trace between db25 pin 14 and 16, making db25 pin 14 +5v and not gnd. I have been able to see this by changing prokey pin 46 to an analog input and monitor the outputs (using the prokey program) and when I have the selector on axis x and push the enable button I see the voltage jump. The prokey documentation wants switches grounded and I have not found in the documentation how to handle powered switches. Still reading...

Also as a quick note, I've added answers to your question on your tech support system on your sight.

Zack

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 12:24:50 PM »
Yeap, the traces are buggy..........

scott
fun times
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 01:07:26 PM »
Zack,

I finally updated most of the information.  Please check your configuration with the new instructions: http://cnc4pc.com/Tech_Docs/Guide_for_setting_up_a_Pendant_or_Panel.htm.

I appreciate your feedback.

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
Arturo,

The instruction are much more clear, except pk13, I think you meant pk54 (Axis 6 for output trigger 10). Also, is db25 pin14 supposed to be gnd or +5v, on my motherboard db25 pin14 is connected to db25 pin16. You my also note in the instruction to make sure that the ModIOMPG brain is not active.

I'm still unable to get the axis/speed selector switches to work. The MPG and E-Stop work great as long as only the "E-Stop_WO_AutoResetLPT2" Brains is activated. I think the problem is not with Mach3, but somewhere else. I watch the Brains control for "Axis_JogRes_SelectorLPT2" and nothing happens when I select an axis and hit the enable button. I watch the Brains control "E-Stop_WO_AutoResetLPT2" and see that the output trigger #8 turns green when hit the E-Stop button. I also watch the output in the pokey configuration program and see no output when I select and axis and hit the enable button. The only output I see form the pokey cnfig program is from the MPG and the E-Stop.

What should I check from here?

Zack
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
Zack,

The mystery is solved.   You got a board that you should have not.  The board should say revision 4.2.  Just checked and there are like 10 other people who got a R4.1 which should had never been shipped.

I will get a new board out to you today.

Arturo Duncan
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »
Jak,

When you get your updated board from Artuero can you post if it all works correctly now?  In particular I am interested in the lag mentioned by others.  The Pokey seems like a nice way to implement a pendant but if it lags and looses communciations I might have to go to TCP modbus implementation.  Thanks

CNCMAN172
 :D
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 05:36:45 PM »
I am experiencing some issues using pokeys with mach 3.043.010, my pokeys has updated to latest firmware 2.1.18, sn 11983
using mach plugin version 10.6.4.

All features work so is the MPG when looking at the pokeys config software it has great response, I got FRO and SRO pots working with mach brain.
MPG also works but when looking at the number of ticks its not updated regulary, even when turning it slow it jumps trough values by increments
of 1 to 10 sometimes. Pokeys read raw encoder data updates values regulary.
Even stranger thing happens with mach and pokeys config read raw encoder data window is open, mach-s MPG value jumps from 0 to the steady value, in radnom short intervals, and comes back to true value indicated by pokeys .

My guess is that the pokeys and mpg are working correctly, and it must be something in the plugin or mach, I have disabled all other plugins and brains but the
problem remains.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the screenshot of the reseting mpg value:

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »
This happens when there is difference between the configuration in plugin and the pokeys itself.  You may want by clearing the pokeys configuration and starting with a fresh plugin configuration, then configure and test one thing at a time.

Arturo Duncan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 08:36:00 AM »
Danilom,

Here is the deal on the "Tick counter display", ignore the way it jumps........

Boris and his programmer of the PoKeys, told me to only update the call for the Tick counter at a minimum of 300ms intervals, I was updating the Tick counter display every 100ms, but that caused a lag in the True MPG following speed.....

There is only so much band width you can put on the PoKeys USB connection. So I have to divide up into different intervals the calls made on the USB bus.

If I "Update" the Tick counter display, to "Normal" then the MPG performace suffers..........  the tick counter is not really that critical anyway, it is more for mach to see how much acceleration changes the MPG is experiencing per time slice.

scott

fun times