Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:47:59 PM

Author Topic: Limit switch tripping  (Read 2710 times)

Limit switch tripping
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »
After talking the the Galil boys we determined that I had interference tripping the limit switches and stopping the program. He suggested that I use normally open instaed of normally grounded and rerouting wires away from the motors. I am all for this configuration as it allows me to use the normally side of my switches to stop power to the motor relays in the event of a runaway on any kind of a failure. I used the CN1 comand in the smart terminal to change the setting to normally open on the limit switches in card. I have confermed that it being read right on the data page. I have went to the ports and pins page and changed the setting there as well. The Diagnostics page confirms that the switches are configured right. However I have a limit switch triggered statement in the mach screen and so nothing is working. I have confermed that it is sending a stop comand to the galil as well. Is there a setting I'm missing or a glitch in the plug in? Anyone have this problem as well?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Limit switch tripping
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »
One the plugin config general tab, there is the option to configure the limits and homes active low.  These check boxes determine how is CN configured.  If yours is checked, uncheck it, or visa verse.  You may have to go back to the ports and pins page and undo what you did there.

The deal is that you need the Galil to be satisfied as to the switch arrangement first.  This is done with the plugin config.  Then you need to get Mach lined up in Ports and Pins.

Steve
Re: Limit switch tripping
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
Thanks!