Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:02:37 PM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 300036 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
Ahh, I figured out what is going on thanks to "Nicad" in post #109.  I think it is a bit of a bug.  It works fine in "Continuos jog" and then fine in "incremental jog" but when you want to switch back to "Continuos jog" Mach does not switch the jog mode to "continuos" it is staying in "incremental". 

If I switch it in Mach it works fine, if I don't the machine runs away.

Can you put in a tad of code to tell mach to switch to "continuos jog" mode when the user pushes that combo of buttons?

Thanks much!

BTW, I and others would be fine with giving you donations for making this plug-in and maintaining it.  Perhaps a paypal account or something where we can donate?

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2015, 07:22:30 PM »
As I have no way of trying this my self, I want to be sure, where things goes wrong:

1) Manually setting Jog Mode to Cont. in dialog before jog continuous on JoyPad: Working OK.
2) Manually setting Jog Mode to Step in dialog before jog stepping on JoyPad: Working OK.
3) Manually setting Jog Mode to Cont. in dialog before jog stepping on JoyPad: Working (and mode changes to step).
4) Manually setting Jog Mode to Step in dialog before jog continuous on JoyPad: Runaway (and mode stays in step).

To prevent runaway the jogging mode has to manually be set to Cont. before using continuous jog on the JoyPad.

Is this correct?

I have looked at the 4 years old code and there are no quick fix. Would you be willing to test a beta plugin if I could make a bug fixed version?

Thank you for the suggestion on making a donation button - that would make it possible to buy the missing test hardware. If anyone have experience in that field I would like suggestions on how to best do that (PM me please  :)).
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
Hi Area 51,

I made a video to show how it is reacting on my machine :)

https://youtu.be/o4c8EIynfd8

I would be happy to try beta versions!

I have never set-up a donate thing but, I will throw you some $ if you figure it out.

Let me know what you think of the video...

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2015, 09:59:27 AM »
Great video!
Clearly explains the problem - Thank you.

I will make a quick test to see if the problem can be fixed by updating the jog mode prior to jogging.
First have to reestablish my old develop environment to compile a new version...
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »
great, let me know if I can help!

Its a very useful plug-in makes my machine easier to use and faster to work on.

Perhaps a crowed finding page for donations?

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
Thank you - I would appreciate your help in testing.
I send you a PM with a link to a test version I think removes the problem.

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
First, I am happy to announce that the JoyPad and Game device plugin for Mach now has its own homepage! :D

http://joakim.dk/joypad

As a bonus you will find an updated plugin in the download section, fixing the run-away problem seen when using the popular Ethernet Smooth Stepper (ESS).

If you find the JoyPad plugin and JoyPadSetup program useful, please consider using the donate button - you decide how much the plugin is worth to you.
Plugin development is a spare time project with no funding... but there are expenses...

richcam1 has been alpha testing the updated plugin on his installation and reported that the problem seems to be solved. Thank you.

Try the plugin - only the jogging code has been altered.
Remember to enable the plugin in Mach menu Config -> Congfig Plugins any previous setting is preserved.
If you have any problems, just reinstall the previous plugin version.

User this thread for feedback.

- Joakim
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2015, 07:56:39 PM »
Yeah, I have been using my ESS machine with no problems with a generic PS3 USB wired controller with no problems!  It is great to have joystick control! 

Great Joakim!  I would encourage others that find this plugin useful to donate something to Joakim!

Rich
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »
I really wanna get this plugin working but I'm having some problems understanding the mapping. I'm using a Logitech Wingman rumblepad, It doesn't have the standard NESW buttons but instead, has six buttons and only two "index finger" buttons. How do I know which actual buttons correlate to the plugin buttons?
Shouldn't there be a "Device Mapping" section that recognizes which button I press and tells what that button correlates to??

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
Use the Game Devices dialog in Control Panel/Devices and Printers. I will show the button numbers when pressed.