Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:22:47 PM

Author Topic: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0  (Read 299961 times)

Re: USB JoyPad and game device plugin - New Version 2.0
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:33 AM »
Troy,
Please check the 5 and 6 buttons to be the "SAFE" buttons, otherwise you might have mapped the "ALT" buttons to work instead of the "SAFE". You can check it through the "Control Panel/Gamepad".

Nader

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
Just to be sure i selected the 3 axis mill config and checked the button map and all is correct. But still have the same issue.

Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
Troy,
Today I tried to simulate your problem. Of course my gamepad differs from yours. My observation was that: activating an axis and THEN pressing a safe button sends the same message to the programme. Check if you have changed any line in the M800 macro.

Cross check if the same SAFE or ALT button that is assigned in your gamepad setup, is the same that is activated in the Windows/ gamepad device. I had an experience, that for two identical gamepads, Button assignments differed! I just defined those buttons in the custom mode and the problem was solved. Check the mapping according to page 22 of the user manual.

Please see if this can solve the problem.

Joakim himself would be the main reference to this problem, as he is the creator of this plugin and his gamepad was identical to your model.

Nader

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
Macro is unchanged and all button mapping is correct. To be sure iam going to remove plugin and macro then reinstall plugin.Also remove GamePad form Device Manager and reinstall it.
Ill let you know what happens.

Thanks,
Troy

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »
After reinstall of plugin and GamePad, then selecting the 3 axis mill button map, all is still the same.

If i have the "Mode" button on, Z axis is the only axis that will jog. If i turn off the "Mode" button then i must move a axis stick and then a Safe button( 5 or 6), in order for axis to jog.
What else to try?

Thanks,
Troy

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
    • Joakim's Technical Explorations
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 07:55:06 AM »
Troy,

is there any other plugins installed in Mach3?
Multiple plugins accessing the same device will give unexpected results.

To remove plugins from Mach3, just move the files from "c:\Mach3\Plugins" to a sub directory or another part of the disk and restart Mach.
The three files necessary for the JoyPad plugin are JoyPad.dll, JoyPad.Button.Setup and JoyPad.Device.Setup; they have to stay in "c:\Mach3\PlugIns" directory for the gamepad to work.

- Joakim

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 02:19:20 PM »
Removed all of plugins. But i do not have a JoyPad.Device.Setup, the 3 files i have is JoyPad.dll, JoyPad.Button.Setup and JoyPad.Button.txt

After removing all plugins I still get the same results on 2 different computers. Watching closer when i have 'Mode' button on, if i hold 5 or 6 safe button and move left joystick to the left, all axis DROs go to 0.0000

Whats next?

Thanks,
Troy

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »
If the DRO's all goes zero the left joystick acts as the POV buttons (left 4 buttons) as if you have pressed SL+PW - the mode button on my Logitech Dual Action JoyPad shift the functions between POV (PW, PN, PE and PS) buttons and the left joystick.

Tip: To see which buttons is pressed in Mach3, select the "All buttons script" assignment in JoyPadSetup program, delete or move the macro "M800.m1s" and restart Mach3. When button or combination of buttons is pressed on the gamepad the "Status" DRO will display the button combination.
Ex. "JoyPad plugin -> STOP, Shift: SL, Button: PW". This text is displayed when safety left (SL) and POV west (PW) is pressed on the gamepad.

Hope this helps.

- Joakim

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 08:21:25 PM »
I got the same results as you described, when using the "All Buttons Script".
 How does your Logitech work when using Joysticks with mode button off? With my Logitech i get much better and stable results by first moving joystick and then holding SL or SR button. But this can cause a sudden move if i have the joystick pushed to far. Is this how yours works?

Thanks again,
Troy

Offline area51

•  102 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
Is the same result?: You get button responses when using left joystick or the joystick is working as joystick?

The joystick is read 10 times per second and the jogging speed is calculated and set but only if SL and/or SR is pressed, else speed is decelerated to zero.
If you hold the joystick at max position and tap the SL or SR you will get fast acceleration/deceleration to/from max jogging speed.

Have you been through the gamepad calibration process in the control panel?

- Joakim