Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:30:49 AM

Author Topic: wizard nesting  (Read 10648 times)

wizard nesting
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
I bought the license for the wizards and they seem to be working but the nesting part is not working or i am not doing something right can some one please help me the nesting part of the wizards is what i really bought the lisense for. I changed the code from M30 to M99 as it says and enter in number of copys and try and create a file and all i get are what looks to be rapid lines. It show no duplicated parts just lines.

Thanks, Ron
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:34:04 PM by bigron »
Re: wizard nesting
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »
The nesting wizard is not part of the Newfangled set, it was contributed by Olivier Adler. I dont know anything about it, but Ill have a look and see if I can figure it out.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »
I looked at the code. The wizard takes your ode and treats it as a subroutine. Thats why it  must end in M99 which is the subroutine end macro.

The wizard does just generate a series of rapid moves to each location, then runs the sub. You should see an M98 in each move.

Mach does not show the tool path of each sub call, but I think the wizard works correctly.  Try a simple code and see it it actually ruins as expected, dont just look at the path screen.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
An old thread but as I struggled with the Nesting Wizard until I worked out that you have to hit "ENTER" after clicking in a box and entering a parameter in order for it to save I thought I'd reply to this rather than starting a new thread!
I just naturally assumed, as you could click in a box and type a parameter, that clicking or tabbing to the next box should save the entered data - it don't  :D
What a brilliant Wizard, I must now look at the rest and see what they might do for me, Wizard is right ! They're Magic!

- Nick

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:33:49 AM »
An old thread but as I struggled with the Nesting Wizard until I worked out that you have to hit "ENTER" after clicking in a box and entering a parameter in order for it to save I thought I'd reply to this rather than starting a new thread!
I just naturally assumed, as you could click in a box and type a parameter, that clicking or tabbing to the next box should save the entered data - it don't

This is the case with EVERY DRO in Mach3, not just the wizards.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »
"It's a learning and growing experience"

as my Aunt used to say  ;)

Her other favourites were, when dealt a ropey hand "It's all part of life's rich tapestry" and when it was raining Stair Rods "It's just a bit of Sea Fret"  ;D
Auntie Shirley also gave me the best BBQ a man can have, a Char Broil Gas BBQ.

- Nick