Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:50:38 PM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn Offsets?  (Read 42266 times)

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
Re: Mach3Turn Offsets?
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
I haven't setup any switches on mine other than Estop.
You would really have to have some accurate switches in order to set it up as precisely as the tool zero. I fire mine up in the morning and zero to the tool zero. By the end of the day, its still within tolerances for my parts. Not so sure that would be the case if I used home switches.
Lee
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »
On my mini mill, The switches repeat very well. I start it up and home the axis' and when i go to G54 zero from the machine zero i am always within .0005".

So I am thinking it will be the same with my lathe. I give it a go and see what happens. I know at work we use the hard stops all the time and the repeat perfectly. And, all they are is micro switches mounted to the bed and slides. I hope I get the same results, it will make setup of tools much easier.
I'll post my results when I do this.
Marty

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2013, 03:16:28 PM »
Approaching those stops slowly will likely help with accuracy, but go at them a bit too fast and that is where the discrepancies normally appear.
Mach has a slow down function when approaching a switch, which is nice.
Lee
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
This is exactly what I use and your right, it is a nice function for repeatablity.

On another note, Does anyone know where to find the mach3 G76 codes. I used the threading wizard and it posts out the long hand. I would like to know what the different letters on the line apply to so I can manully edit them. I know most of them, but there are I few I do not recoqnize. Any table in mach3 to explain them?. In the meantime I will chech my Fanuc manual.

Marty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
The Turn manual has the G76 info, heres a screenshot from it, there ismore detailed info in the manual for each word.

Regarding the homing, that sets machine coords to zero so if you then jog a tool and set the offsets in relation to the switches then the home position is used instead of the master tool and thus you dont have to worry abouyt changing out inserts making other tools slightly different.

Hood

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »
Old thread I know.
I am trying to learn how to modify my posts in Dolphin Cam for Turn.

One thing I need to do is to keep the spindle running during tool changes. It is gang tooling on there and someone might think the program is over. I want to eliminate that threat. There is no need to stop it until the program ends. I know Hood has helped me tremendously earlier in this thread.
I would like to do it myself. I am considering an updated version of Dcam and it says my older posts the Hood modified will not work without some modification to update it.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Lee
Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2014, 05:46:04 AM »
Its been a while since I dipped into the Dolphin PP but I will have a look and see.
In fact I think I have V11 unistalled on this computer, will re-install in a bit.

Hood

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2014, 05:57:17 AM »
Thanks, Hood.
I have modified posts for mill before, but there seems to be more canned cycles or subroutines in turn that I am not familiar with.

Also it seems I was able to update the PP file by adding that it was version 11. ;). Surely it can't be that simple.
Lee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2014, 04:03:10 PM »
Ok had a quick look and think this is the bit you want to change

:SELCTL = {
      set $CYCLETIME = $CYCLETIME + 0.5 ; 30 seconds for a tool change
         #N (M09_) EOB
              #N "G00"" " $YSAFPOS:YAXIS $XSAFPOS:XAXIS (M05_) EOB

Just remove the (M05_)

Regarding the PP, think the V11  one will work ok, seems to for me in the demo anyway.

Hood

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
Thanks, Hood. I don't have an M05 there. Here is that section of the post.

:SELCTL = {
      set $CYCLETIME = $CYCLETIME + 0.5 ; 30 seconds for a tool change
         #N (M09_) EOB
              #N "G0"" "  $XTLOAD2:XAXIS EOB
         #N (G49_) EOB
         #N " ( " $JOBTEXT " )" EOB
         #N (M06_) $TOOLNO:TOOL  $TLCNO:TLC EOB
      }
Lee