Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 11:18:13 PM

Author Topic: VERY Minor bug fix on the PoKeys.set coming out.....  (Read 5520 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
VERY Minor bug fix on the PoKeys.set coming out.....
« on: December 20, 2010, 06:27:06 PM »
Greetings,

I will be posting to Boris website a new installer that will have a MINOR screen bug fix, in were on the POKEYS page, of the OEM screens, the two JOY STICK jog function LEDS (the top one 2055) was conflicting with the Re-Arranged PoKeys Discrete I/O.
   I had re-did the range of the Pokeys discrete IO to range from 2001-2055 (from where it was from 2000-2054), the old range was confusing since it didnt follow the PK pins.  When I shifted the range up by one, the Last PK pin 55 stepped on the Joy Stick Jog control ULED (which as also 2055), in the new screen set these two Joy stick control ULEDS have been also "Shifted up" by one, to 2056, and 2057 repectively.

This change ONLY effects users who might be using PK Pin 55, and/or if using the Analog JoyStick Jog funcitons on the Pendant page.
IF this does NOT effect you, you dont need to upgrade........

NOTE: you can also use the "Mach Screen" and upgrade your PK screen your self, and not even bother with the down load.
OR:  I have attached the New Screen set, to this message as well.
ALSO: on the PoPendant config page, you will need to change the 2 joystick config ULEDs numbers from 2055 and 2056, TO: 2056 and 2057.

scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: VERY Minor bug fix on the PoKeys.set coming out.....
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 10:41:15 PM »
Scott

Thanks for your work on the plugin.

Your screenset has some incorrect labelling on it, on the pokeys page.

Ana UDRO range is 2001-2004

Should read,

Ana UDRO range is 2201-2204

And it would seem that any changes to the UDRO # base range, in the plugin, will not stick.  

Constantly reverts to 2201.  It is probably meant to.  If so, why have an editable field?

Greg
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:45:54 PM by Greolt »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:53:33 PM »
update 10.6.4 02Jan11
Thanks to "Greolt" (Greg from the machsupport site), who noticed two bugs.
1). Changed the PoKeys.set label that fixed the labeling error of: Ana UDRO range
is 2001-2004, to Ana UDRO range is 2201 to 2204.
2). Fixed the "Edit field" memory for the UDRO# for the analog base range display.
So, now you can change your range from staying at 2201, to what ever you want.

Thanks!!! Greolt!!!

New installer package sent to Boris, so it can be downloaded from his site!!

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 01:05:11 AM »
Avaiable for download on www.poscope.com

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
Downloaded the new plugin twice and it contains only the following two files,

ReadMe.txt.txt   (20kb)

Mach_PK_plug_10.6.4.sln   (1kb)

Someone missed something. :)

And can we PLEASE have the files without an installer.

Greg

EDIT:  Looks like someone has read this post.   Now Ver. 10.6.3 is back as the download, even though the download link still says Ver 10.6.4
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:48:47 AM by Greolt »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:42:15 AM »
Greg, thanks........

I have sent to Boris, the fixed Zip file, it is my fault, It was late last night when I got it out. I copied the wrong file into the
zip file. It is sent to Boris with the correct installer.

Sorry, it will always come with the installer, the support would be a nightmare, users even now, STILL dont read the Manual and the Flash File helps I made.
there are too many files, that have to be in certain places for the average user to even WANT to track.

I put a "Memeber Doc", in the member dos section, on how to do a painless PoKeys Upgrade with the installer so it wont overright your current settings.

NOTE: each time you upgrade, you will have to "Re-Enable" the plugin, since it's version number will change after you install it.

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:03 AM »
Already uploaded to www.poscope.com

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »

I put a "Memeber Doc", in the member dos section, on how to do a painless PoKeys Upgrade with the installer so it wont overright your current settings.

Where is this "Memeber Doc" file? I can't find a member doc section here, FTP, anywhere. On Yahoo? Where?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Tom