Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:39:32 AM

Author Topic: Chi-nee Ballscrews  (Read 3903 times)

Chi-nee Ballscrews
« on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:10 AM »
 :)
http://shop.ebay.com/liuqiangf117/m.html
The $'s look good.
Any thoughts on what to expect of these ?
Anyone dealt with these folks by chance ?
I asked if they will have 20 or 25mm available ... waiting.
Thanks,
 :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Chi-nee Ballscrews
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 11:51:54 AM »
I have not seen these before, the price is excellent (perhaps too good to be true ?) but the Chinese seem to be the masters of the "sloppy thread". I am not complaining, far from it, but everything I have which has come from China has excess clearance in the thread department so can they really make precision ballscrews ?
Very interested in this thread.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
I had not checked for a while but see now that there are several Asian sellers flooding the eBay market on ballscrews, end blocks, bearings, rails, guides, couplings ...... some even have complete 3 axis components as a package.
They will also supply to your specs. All new.

I wonder about the quality too, but stuff from there is getting better and better.
Some mention "Made in Taiwan" which might be a good thing.
I have a 24" X 48" router/mill build in mind, have everything except the screws. Might try one of these dudes out.
In the mean time, anyone using Chinee ballscrews, please post.
Thanks

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »
I wonder about the quality too, but stuff from there is getting better and better.
I would have to agree with this.
I have not had any dealings with the seller you mentioned, but I did buy Chinese screws and blocks for my mill. Would I do it again? NO.
The reason I say "no" is partly due to the fact that.... I have the capability to make my own blocks, cut the screws to length, and do any end turning that is required. Most people are not so fortunate.
The next reason is, with a bit more "buck", you can get allot more "bang". There are better screws that are worth the price.
The seller from which I purchased, has superb feedback, which is quiet disturbing. Most people are either unaware of the level of quality that is supposed to be there, or my bad parts are one in a few thousand. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the flaws, I doubt it is the latter of the two.   :-\
Review here...  http://hillbillyhilton.com/?page_id=454
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience Sam.
I will definately take it into consideration.
Excellent review as well, I must say.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »
It may be that the seller is liquidating them and is not an OEM, I don't know.
Will not know unless you try them i guess. The only spec i saw was the grade and that dosen't mean
the hardness of the screw or even the nut is deifined. Those two provide for longevity but may not be that important.

BTW, you have a bunch of money from the lottery  ......how about trying them out for us poor follks and let us know. :D
RICH

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 02:25:21 AM »
While I am not familiar with the particular ball screws on the link, I do know that the Taiwanese HIWIN is the leading Asian manufacturer of linear motion components. Their ball screws have good reputation around the world and quality is very good. Only bad thing I've heard about their ball screws was from a seller of NSK ball screws, who said that although they are very good quality and meet the specs, they don't last as long as NSK because the steel is inferior to the NSK.

So if you're looking for good quality linear motion components for the money, HIWIN is supposed to be the answer. Ask the seller what make are those.

Note that I haven't used HIWIN ball screws nor have I had any experience with them. Just sharing what I know from others.

Dan
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 01:09:56 PM »
Thanks Dan,
  I visited the HIWIN booth at IMTS. Very nice product line and the "fit n' finish" was excellent as well.
Saw several of the machine tools there used HIWIN trucks and rails. One in particular said they used them because of their superior sealing.
There is also a ready fit kit for Bridgeports.
Might look into these a bit closer.
Thanks again,
Russ