Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:25:03 PM

Author Topic: Impact engraving plugin  (Read 358285 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Impact engraving plugin
« Reply #260 on: January 25, 2016, 08:44:46 AM »
With a CO2 laser you should not be having any problems of low power - my pulse extender is intended to allow the use of low power diode lasers (down to 150mW or so).

Are you using a feed-rate of at least 3,500 mm/min ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #261 on: January 25, 2016, 11:26:14 AM »
My config: Steps per:32, (driver 1:16). feedrate 9000 (default òf the plugin), enable port 17 (connect to laser low active wire) digit trigger, velocity: 1000, accelerate: 300, dir pulse: 1us, kernel : 25kH
I really can not figure out the problem. Hope from ur help now, can u tell me how many way to increase the power, so I can adjust it to check the problem
My Co2 laser (in testing)
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t35.0-12/12646671_10205409192494765_4904210436940320729_o.jpg?oh=5b3a406891e59c2cd9cdc77eb85b61fc&oe=56A829C6
Thanks so much.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:31 AM »
Assuming you are working in millimeters I think you need to increase your axis velocity to 3500 (only if necessary perhaps reduce acceleration slightly) and also set the plugin feed-rate to 3500 everything else looks OK.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2016, 03:32:07 PM »
hi Tweakie,
As always see if you can help me.
I have seen excelent results in impact engraving , but not related with the dig trigger or using anything from eletronics, at least not the way we use.
I saw that the impact solenoid keeps vibrating on aprox. 0,4 mm up and down , but what engraves the material is the z axis moving slightely up and down.
This way it even engraves variabling the depth of impact causing excelent results.
What do you think about this, and wich soft should I use?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2016, 01:50:03 AM »
Hi Jan,

I take it that you are referring to the continuously running impact engraver tools as shown in this video;  http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/impact5.wmv

These tools are best suited to vector engraving such as DXF files so any software that will create Gcode from a DXF should be good.
I have not actually tried using one for raster engraving but I am sure it could work albeit rather slowly. Not sure about the best software for this though.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2016, 08:41:28 AM »
I have send you a PM . with the video link.
Good Morning (at least here!).
What I was telling you is about pictures or photo engraving.
I tried with the electro magnet , using the dll in mach ,and I tried with dotg , but it seems to me that if I want a fast drawing the impact should be continuous and the intensity of the engraving should be determined by the movement of the 'z' axis.

At exactly 4:19 you will notice a slightly variation of the z axis , and it is not determined by the suposed 'thc' system.
It seems that the impact oscillation is continuous , but the deepness is controled by Z.
The bolt gives a continuous distance between head and material using the thc up and down feature.
What I have doubt is the software they are using , it is called fotograv in some videos ,and Graver5 in others .

The thing is that is much faster than using the impact needle to impact on the way I thouht , and I must say, I need to work, things around here are too difficult, and I have some work on this field,I would be thankfull if you or any other member could help developing and making this work.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:17 AM »
Hi Jan,

As said earlier I have never actually tried raster engraving with a continuously running impact engraving tool but you may wish to look at software such as Vectric PhotoVCarve which will create a varying Z axis movement toolpath dependant on image shade. There are also other image to Gcode softwares available, some having a ‘try before you buy’ option. Perhaps also research the operating principle of the Roland Metaza as this may be relevant.
The difficulties I can foresee are specifying the correct Z axis travel in the software and setting the machine’s Z axis height also the travel of the impact needle.

Another approach may be to optimise the image (optimum brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc.) using PhotoShop (or similar).
Dot-dither the 8 bit image using PhotoGraV (or similar) reducing it to 1 bit resolution.
Convert the image to a raster-scan Gcode toolpath which has varying Z axis height dependant on image shade such as Mach1Filter.exe (or similar).
Again setting up the machine’s needle height and travel distance may be tricky.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2016, 07:44:39 PM »
Hi guys , finally solved al the problems!
first pic is a photoshop created by me, the second engraved by impact with diamond,3000 mm per minute and modulated impact.
Don´t worry about the face hadn't had lunch yet.
I must say that even in this speed it took almost 5 hours to complete the image, it was done on a 256 dpi,
It has 600 x300 mmm and made on granite.
Have been selling some images for tombstones and decoration, this kind of engraving is not known in Brasil yet, so i think it will grow in the future, my machine is made by me, with servo motors soit is very realible, and i let it work through the night
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:49:46 PM by Jan Mozol »
« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2016, 07:57:03 PM »
I used the plugin  that is almost the same that tweakie used, but it was adapted by Kazuki.
It is incredible, he manged to make it useful even in usb new boards,
I used high power magnets with a lever construction with a really strngth coil ,but with a pull movment, so i could achieve a high speed response.
I also used a step motor circuit to power the coil of the magnet, and i used a voltage regulator to dose the strength of the impact.I bought 10 diamond tips from china by 20 dollars,very cheap,and after making more than 20 granites , it is still useable,and i have 9 more to use,very cheap, i guess it is cheaper than laser.
And it really impacts the granite, or steel or glass.
Pls be free to ask question, but I advise you...it a make and mistake until you get there.
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2016, 08:02:04 PM »
Other works