Mach Discussion > General Mach Discussion

Mach 3 turn constant sfm?

<< < (3/9) > >>

DaOne:

--- Quote from: Promech on December 08, 2010, 09:25:44 PM ---When I use this code CSS works fine meaning as the diameter decreases spindle speed increases. What is not working is the G95 or constant mm/rev feed rate.  If I assign F=.2mm/rev this feed rate only takes place at the start of the cut when the RPM is still 1000RPM. As the RPM increases the feed rate in mm/rev decreases.  Has anyone had experience with this behavior? My observation is that RPM x F(mm/rev) remains a constant value which suggests to me that the feed  is remaing constant in mm/min and not in mm/rev as it should having set G95.

--- End quote ---

I ran into this a couple of days back. It seams as if mach had a mind of its own. The feeds were almost rapids. CSS still worked but the feeds were way off. It required restarting to solve the issue and then it did it again after a few passes. Good thing for me I was cutting air. I feel there is a bug. I haven't had any more time to test if it occurs only with CSS and feed per rev on the same program. Something tells me its gonna be a long time before it gets fixed if there is actually a bug.

Dan13:
It is a known bug in Mach3 Turn. The combination of G95 and CSS doesn't work. G94 with CSS work fine.

Dan

DaOne:

--- Quote from: Dan13 on December 09, 2010, 02:02:27 AM ---It is a known bug in Mach3 Turn. The combination of G95 and CSS doesn't work. G94 with CSS work fine.

Dan

--- End quote ---

Seams like I keep uncovering these nice little easter eggs. Is there a thread listing all these bugs? If not maybe there should be.

Hood:
I know it doesnt work with the SmoothStepper and I have had various people saying it does work,as well as others saying it doesnt work, with the PP. What you are describing is exactly what I see with the SS so I am thinking it is indeed a Mach issue but it could well be a combination of Mach and SS as I am not sure if the SS controls CSS internally or not.

Turn needs a lot of work done on it and this is one area that will be looked at but when that will be I dont have a clue.
Hood

Promech:
I think this is a serious limitation especially when profiling with a good surface finish requirement.  I would like to ask the VB script and Brain experts out there if they think it would be technically  possible to get around this problem with a Brain or adding a few lines to a MacroPump that would constantly update F as a function of RPM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version