Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:01:56 PM

Poll

How satisfied are you with MachStdMill at this point in the Beta test program?

Very Satisfied
10 (62.5%)
Satisifed
5 (31.3%)
Neutral
1 (6.3%)
Dissatisfied
0 (0%)
Very Dissatisfied
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 21, 2010, 01:20:21 PM

Author Topic: MSM Beta quality Satisfaction?  (Read 6341 times)

MSM Beta quality Satisfaction?
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:21 PM »
I realize this is subjective.

I’m interested in what your overall opinion is of the current MSM/Mach beta combination (MSM beta 10 and Mach 3.43.22) wrt to quality/stability.

Dave

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 01:22:54 PM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline kcib

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Re: MSM Beta quality Satisfaction?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
Hi Dave
let me be the first to say that I am very pleased with MSM managed to get the auto tool changer working without any problems , did have a problem with the touch off which was partly due to a bug and the other part was me but got there in the end with your help and Mach is now working OK thanks to some help from Brian , apart from that the programs seem to be very stable and I think that you have done a fantastic job with MSM it has just about everything one could want
Thanks
Alan 
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »
Dave

I like it much nicer to look at.  I do miss the hot keys for spindle on/off(f5) and FRO +/_ (f10 and 11).  It can be dangerous typing in the feed override, real easy to think that you pressed 110 when you only hit 10, then hitting enter.
On the router touchscreen the TAB screen only pops out 1/2 way.  If I drag it out so I can use it it does not remember where is was the next time.
The router is also in a bright room.  Between that and the glare on the screen the grey wording is very difficult to makeout.  It would be nice to have a high contrast version also.

Thanks
Randy

Offline Calum

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:26:53 AM »
Hi Dave,

I think MSM is great, I needed to learn a few things to get the best out of it.  I purchased a probe because of it and have found this to work well now that the issue with the SS interface has been fixed.  Reported bugs were dealt to quickly and efficiently, beta 10 seems stable and vary usable.  I don't think I'll ever need to go back to the old screen set.

Keep up the great work and thank Brian for being on board too.

Calum ;D

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
Though I have not been on here on a while (a couple of weeks). When I was using MSM last it was working very well. If I had any problems they were addressed in a very prompt fashion. I thought the work being done was great and really appreciate the invitation to participate.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)