Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:11:04 AM

Author Topic: Returning to start of code after tool change!  (Read 12211 times)

Re: Returning to start of code after tool change!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 01:45:23 PM »
Calum,

SS probing:
The probing issues with the SS are that the tip comp values returned by Mach are incorrect. I don't know if the root cause is in Mach or in the SS plug-in. I know that Brian has looked at the issue, and I think it may be fixed but hasn't shown up in a developement release yet.

Black Button image:
This is a mach bug awaiting a repair - see mach errata section in the MSM release notes.

NH/NRH LEDs:
See MSM release notes. These changed in Beta 5. They now change label text (NH or NRH) but do not change color.
The conundrum was that neither RH or NRH are more "right/wrong" than the other - so there was no intuitive pair of colors to use for the LEDs.

CV Angle:
Thanks for spotting this.
I've changed the button from CV angle to CV distance (The function was always CV Dist).
It turns out CV angle does not seem to be in the script APIs so I can't show it on the setting page. CV feedrate and CV dist are what 1024 has and the same controls are on the MSM page.
This change will be in the next MSM release.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
Re: Returning to start of code after tool change!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
Calum,

I recently realized that a bug was causing the TP/GBLk height to not be included in the Z zero set calculation when probing to a mobile TP.
That may well have added to your confusion - the bug is fixed in MSM beta 9.

Dave

Hi Calum,

2) Would it be possible to have the Set Z zero arrow on the WC Offset Touch Off tab made into an action button that would move Z down to the mobile TP on the work?  I can achieve this by using the TP as a home switch and setting the offset as the TP thickness but this make the MC Z = WC Z, this is the way I have been using Mach until I found MSM with MTM.

If you click the "Probe Z-" arrow on the probing page it will do just what you want.   ;D
The probing page handles "probing events" - i.e. moving until a probe event is seen by mach and the G31 movement is stopped.
Neither mach nor MSM know if the signal came from a probe or a touch plate..... or the push button I have wired to the BoB in my test setup in the office... A trigger is a trigger.
If you have Settings-common "TLO G-BLk is TP" on, you can "probe down to the mobile TP"....

Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com