Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:10:10 AM

Author Topic: Z Axis wont stop ???  (Read 3863 times)

Z Axis wont stop ???
« on: June 17, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »
Hi all,   

Got a small problem

OK here goes, firstly my cnc has no home switches here's the problem I get ... at the end of a cut cycle I tell the Z axis to go 50mm above the surface of the work piece and stop and I tell the X&Y to go to zero, the X&Y do exactly what there told but the Z goes to 50mm pauses then keeps going in the + direction and never stops until it stalls the stepper or I press stop?

Now without a G-code file loaded I'm sure it has something to do with the machine coordinates because every time I press ref all home in the dro screen or ref all coord's screen the X&Y don't move or change but the Z axis will start moving in the + direction until I press stop, I also get the following error message  "Safe Z turned off Ignoring safe _Z move"

Any ideas or help would be great,

Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis wont stop ???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »
IF you do not have home switches then there is not a need to refhome the axis's (;-) as there are no switches to ref to. The axis will just run until it jams up or you stop it.

My guess is that you have home switches setup in config but don't have any real switches??

Just a few thoughts
Re: Z Axis wont stop ???
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »
Thanks BR549 Ill take a look into it :)