Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 10:49:02 AM

Author Topic: Macro M6 safety  (Read 8294 times)

Macro M6 safety
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
Hello, I need help with my M6start macro. My spindle has these outputs:

spindle stopped - input14 is active
spindle running - input14 not active
tool in spindle - input13 is active
spindle chuck is open - input12 is active

Now I would like to put in some safety. I would like not to do a toolchange if the spindle is running, and also if the tool is stuck in spindle. I noticed yesterday that the tool was stuck in spindle after long cutting. That could be disaster if machine was doing toolchange.
So please can someone help me what code do I need to put in my M6 macro and where in code to prevent this to happen. Attached is the M6 macro. Thanks.

Peter

Re: Macro M6 safety
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »
Can anybody please help me with my problem?

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 08:01:05 AM »
Do you have an automatic tool changer and you're afraid it won't work if the tool is stuck? The most right way is to fix the mechanical problem that prevents the tool holder from ejecting from the spindle. Then, if you still feel you need some safety mechanism, you can probably use proximity switches to detect if the tool holder has come out.

More details about your system would help.

Dan

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:57:37 PM »
WHo did the original Macro?? That would be a good place to start looking for help.

Just thought (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
Hello,

sorry for late answer. I have a brand new ELTE ATC spindle and tool holders came with spindle. Spindle already have sensors built in. If for an example tool is stuck in spindle I don't get signal in input12 (input 12 active - spindle chuck is open). I have noticed in my test runs of my home built cnc that in long or heavy cuts tool can stuck in spindle but I dont know why. That could be disaster if this hapens while is changing tools. My m6start macro is working good but it is not safe. I would like to put in my macro to wait or cancel tool change if the tool get stuck in spindle, or when spindle is running or when it's not properly closed to prevent start of the spindle.Thanks.

Peter

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 01:30:34 AM »
Hi Peter,

You need to check your sensors to see why you're not getting signals out of them.

Dan
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 08:39:37 AM »
Hello,

All the sensors in the spindle are working fine also my macro and toolchange. All I want to do is to put those signals into the macro to prevent all I written In previous post to happen.

Peter

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:55:33 AM »
Now I lost you Peter. You said you had the sensors connected to pin 12 of the PP and you were not getting any signals from them... ?

Dan
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 12:26:33 PM »
Hi,

what I said in previous post about input 12 was just an example. If for example tool is stuck in the spindle input 12 is not active. If tool is properly released from spindle input 12 is active. All I want to do is put this in the  m6start macro. So If tool is stuck in the spindle I want macro to stop and wait for input 12 to be active or cancel  m6 macro. The same I want to do when spindle is running I want not to do a toolchange, or when chuck is not properly closed to repeat tool clamp.

Peter

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
Ah... then it's easy. Just put an 'If' statement at the top of your M6start macro. Something like this:

If (Input12) Then

'Put your macro here

Else

Message "Tool is stuck in the spindle. Unable to complete tool change"

End If

Dan