Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:35:05 PM

Author Topic: Giffin Powermate resurection.  (Read 11470 times)

Re: Giffin Powermate resurection.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 07:28:49 PM »
Well, I spruced up the new Griffin PowerMate plugin today.  I added some configuration settings so you can turn off axis's you aren't using and so that you can change your increment per pulse, and feed rate.  Seems to work pretty well.  Same link as before, but now it is version 5.0.1

Let me know how it works.

http://www.corvettediy.com/powermate/GriffinPowerMatePluginV5.dll
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 02:51:41 AM »
Well I use 2010 Express and no problems at all. Even after adding ATL support from DDK.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
Well, I found a problem with my plugin.  It's an annoyance.  If the Griffin Powermate is plugged in, and I try to open the config menu, the griffin is blocking the menu.  I have to click the Griffin in order to have the menu pop up.  I hope I don't have to spawn a thread to read from the Griffin.  Anyone else have this solved?
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »
Hi

Any word on the final verdict of using Griffin Powermate with Mach3?
Is it worth for me to buy one for use with the mill (I:E will it work?)

Thank you.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 04:53:56 PM »
I purchased a powermate before I read the posts of the plug-in being broken. However, since I had the device, I decided it was a good time to get back into programming and also to try my hand at the Mach SDK. I decided to start from scratch with a new plug-in.

I have written a driver for the device using another project as a template that I located on the web. I have the device working in a test app and movement simulated by progress bars using C and I am now ready to move it into a plug-in enviornment.

I have decided to have the following functions:
Pressing the button down with a quick release cycles the axis.
Rotating the knob jogs the selected axis.
Pushing the knob down and rotating adjusts the Jog%.
The LED will pulse at the jog % rate. i.e.- faster if moving faster.

The question I have is what would be the best way to jog the axis based on the knob rotation? Do I read the DRO and save as the start point, take the knob input, add it to the start point and store it as the end point, then jogon until Mach's DRO reaches the value of my end point variable? At this point simple issue a Jogoff? Is there a better way? Let me know.

Is anyone using this plugin successfuly with their powermate? if so how do you config everything to get it to work? mine is not working and the DLL is enabled in config/plugins

Thanks,
Scott...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »
Hi ,

Does anyone still have that v5 plugin anywhere ?

the link above seems to be dead.  

Do you guys possibly know if that plugin will work with mach3 Version R3.043.066 ?
Thank you,

Veetek
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 11:50:18 AM by veetek »