Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:30:16 PM

Author Topic: Wiring Limit, Home and E-Stop Switches  (Read 45206 times)

Re: Wiring Limit, Home and E-Stop Switches
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 06:47:08 AM »
Hi Tweaky I am having trouble with the limit switches  the light are not lighting up but I am still getting a limit switch warNing what do think could be the problem. Kevin

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »
Not much help really but the only thing I can think of is that your wiring is incorrect or else you have the Active High / Low set incorrectly.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2016, 04:53:59 PM »
It was working correctly but now it isn't
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »
I managed to get my limit switches wired up this morning before work in series with e-stop and had a successful test. I have a limit located on the y+, x+, and z+ end of machine coordinates. Does this sound correct? I have Y axis and A axis slaved and im wondering how accurately the home switches have to be mounted, if my switches are offset from eachother will mach recognize that after squaring or should i try to set switches as accurately as possible? They are adjustable length with a roller and can be rotatable?
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2016, 08:24:29 PM »
I was having false limit trips. When you hook them all in series there is a lose it current so the limits trip. I have 6 limit switches in total. I hooked the y +&- to 1 pin and 5v  
X+&- to another and 5v
Z +&- to another pin and 5v. I then set my debounce to 1000 and see if it trips .mine was good after that.are you running a smooth stepper too? Let me know how you make out there mite have to be a couple more setting you mite have to change.I four a month  with mine before we figured out what was wrong.
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 08:49:10 PM »
To the best of my knowledge you dont need a switch on the z axis - which you will set when you zero the router bit, i ordered six as well and was going to do the same thing but after doing some research i chose to do it this way, i think we both probably need a 5v pull up resistor so to prevent current loss, I only did a quick test but it worked each time. Did you use 18-2 security wire with sheilding and ground the end to the control box.  I am running with a cheapo bob stv-3 with a parallel port converted with ul-100 usb conversion. It has 5inputs 5 axis and a relay for spindle. I have used sheilded wire on everything and grounded one end though. I need more time in a daymy friend.
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »
Im using my extra limit switch on my slaved axis so i can use it to ref all and to keep the machine square.
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2016, 08:57:32 PM »
I didn't need any pull ups but if I had any problems I would have put them on. With pull up keep a close eye on them to see if the heat up after running them for a while. They mite or mite be fine.good luck Kevin.
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2016, 09:01:58 PM »
Thanks Kevin i will keep that in mind
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »
Spent a good few hours trying to figure my limit switches out on the 'Inputs' page and have ended-up here for help!
I've fitted two switches on each axis (X2 mill) - 'Home' (normally open) are wired individually to my Uniport V2 on inputs 10,11 and 12, and work perfectly for homing and -- limits. The problem's with the ++ limit switches which are all wired in series (normally closed) to input 13. Now, on the Uniport v2 only inputs 10-12 have +5v provided internally, so I've jumpered +5v to the input pin for #13. I reckon I've tried every combination of value on the inputs screen to get the ++ limits to show on the diagnostics screen when operated. I have the E-stop enabled and set to pin 15, but not wired.

I've read the Uniport's documentation, I've tested the wiring and the input by removing a direct short from the input's connectors. I also swapped the wiring to the pin 15 input and changed the values accordingly. Nothing! Any ideas please?

Cheers, Andy