Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:47:23 AM

Author Topic: Test LED  (Read 2763 times)

Test LED
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »
I'm putting together a test layout, with some buttons, analog inputs and LEDs.  The LEDs are set up as digital outputs.  Is there any way using the Pokeys configuration software to test digital outputs?  I can see the digital inputs (buttons) change in the "Diigital inputs and outputs..." screen, but can't work out if I can test the LEDs.

Thanks,
Frank

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Test LED
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »
Hi!

It will be added in next version of SW.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Test LED
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
Frank,

There is a Do-Able work around, if you download the PK Plugin, it comes with an example XML and Screen Set.
On the screen set (assuming you running the example PK xml), there is a PoKeys page that is set up to do testing of your pokeys.  (assumes you use Base ULED range 2000).  Their is a few rows of buttons that you can activate and deactivate the outpus you have set up as outputs, if that I/O point is an input then the Mach ULED that represents it will be On or Off depending on the Invert or not invert the inputs, you set from the pk software. For example, if you have a NO switch on a PK input, that when you close it, you want the Mach LED to light up on the PK diag page, then you will need to set that input as Inverted.

The same is true for OUTPUTS, if you want your Output to go HOT when a User LED is "On" in mach3, you will need to tick the box in the PK plugin config dialog that says "Invert outputs".

You have up to 2 serperate continous ranges you can do for inputs and outputs.

thier is ONE glitch, and that glitch is my fault on the screen sets.  PoKeys Pin 1 for instance, (in the PK internals Pin 1 is programming land is "0". So what that means is, when Pin 1 goes hot ULED 2000 will go hot, Pin2 of PK will do ULED 2001 ect....  If you set your base to 2001 they will then sink up to your PK pins but you wont be able to monitor PIN55 since the last ULED is 2054.

scott
fun times