Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:10:08 PM

Author Topic: Setting Mach 3 Port to PCI parallel port address  (Read 144353 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Setting Mach 3 Port to PCI parallel port address
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
With that laptop setup you could not use Mach3.
For Mach4 you would need to use an external motion controller (typically available from;   Warp9, Vital Systems, PMDX, PoLabs, CNC4PC, CS LAB, etc. ).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »
Guys,

Newby here, I'm unable to communicate to my Router due to a port address problem with Mach 3.

I have a four year old Dell desktop that did not have a Parallel port in it, and so I have installed a manhattan PCI parallel port and installed the software.

This port does not allow re mapping to a legacy port.

Indeed i have tried two other cards, a Sunix and another unbranded both of which state in their manual that they cannot be remapped to legacy ports under windows XP

Mach 3 wants the legacy address of Ox378, but allows a one line modification.

The properties \resources\ of my PCI LPT1 card show
i/o range DCE8-DCEF
i/o range DCFO-DCF7
Memory Range DFAEEEOOO-DFAEEFFF
Memory Range DFAEEFOOO- DFAEFFFF

What do I put in the one line to replace Ox378 in Mach 3 Pins and Ports?
Also, no matter what i type, it always ends up prefixed Ox.

Confused and frustrated

Please help

Hi All,
Am also a newby, and have virtually the same issue above. I am at the point of checking the pin-out voltage at the Parallel port. I have changed the Motor Output on X Y and Z so that I can see the Signal voltage on pins 2, 3 and 4 on the Parallel port and I am currently reading 3.34V on all pins. I am in the program Run screen in Mach3 Demo, I have no error messages scrolling as I have set the E Stop to pin 0. I am not connected to the Break out board as I am just checking that Mach3 is communicating to the Parallel port

From my device manager I can see the new PP PCI express ECP parallel card installed and it says it is working, I have changed the Port #1 address to 0zbc00 in Mach3 to mirror what is in the device manager for the PP.

When I Jog the X, Z, or Z axis the pin 2, 3, or 4 voltage should drop to 0 volts, but in each case it remains at 3.34 volts.
I installed the new PP PCI card and drivers from the provided CD.

I ahve checked in the BIOS and I don't have an option to configure the Parallel port as there is no I/O configure option in the Advanced setting

Very frustrated, as I have tried all the recommendations so far in this thread.

I see from the threads that the issue I have is the voltage of 3.34V instead of the 5Volts required, does anyone have a recommendation of a PCI express Parallel adapter card  - Model and manufacturer??

Please help!!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2016, 07:25:09 AM »
Hi all,
Newby here. Reading through the thread, I think the issue I have is that I need a new parallel card that supports the ability to remap to legacy port address i.e. 0x0378, as my device manager settings for my current Parallel card are showing:
I/O Range BC00-BC07
I/O Range B880-B883

I have set the Mach3 Port #1 to read 0xbc00

However I am still unsure which card to purchase as I also think my issue is that the pin out voltage I have measured on my currently installed Parallel ports pins is 3.34V, I have been reading through the specifications on various PCIex cards but they don't specify what the pin out voltage is. Do I assume that if the card supports legacy remapping, it will also provide the old TTL 5v outputs?

Also, I am running Windows10 (32bit mode) on my PC (HP pavilion 7000) Mach3 demo version is loaded and seems to function ok, are there any known issues with running Win10?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2016, 07:32:26 AM »
Also, I am running Windows10 (32bit mode) on my PC (HP pavilion 7000) Mach3 demo version is loaded and seems to function ok, are there any known issues with running Win10?

You cannot use the Parallel Port when running Mach3 under Win10.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2016, 11:01:07 AM »
Thanks Tweakie,
Looks like I have problems then,
1. Win 10
2. I can't locate a PCI express parallel card with legacy port addressing and 5 volt output, been trawling the internet but all I can find is a PCI equivalent and not PCI express  :(

So I am thinking of using one of my old 32 bit laptops with Win 8, do you know if there are PCI parallel cards with legacy port addressing and 5 volt output for laptops?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »
Unfortunately you cannot use the Parallel Port when running Mach3 under Win8 either.
Also Parallel Port operation with a laptop is not supported.

It's either Win7 (or earlier) for Parallel Port operation or else use an external motion controller (such as the ESS http://www.warp9td.com/ or similar) then you can use your laptop or Win10 etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 11:13:04 AM »
Hello, I'm new in mach3.

I've install a windows vista 32 bits in a HP slimline s3020la also I've installed a manhattan parallel PCI card (158220) and run the mach3 vista registry patch.

The parallel port address is ok because I´ve check the 0 and 5 volts of the direction output signal and it's ok, I don't have a oscilloscope to check the pulse signal.

Also I instaled Windows 7 32 bits and check everything but the result is the same. I don't know how to check te pulse signal or how know if is sending the signal to the output.

Regards!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
Hello, I'm new in mach3.

I've install a windows vista 32 bits in a HP slimline s3020la also I've installed a manhattan parallel PCI card (158220) and run the mach3 vista registry patch.

The parallel port address is ok because I´ve check the 0 and 5 volts of the direction output signal and it's ok, I don't have a oscilloscope to check the pulse signal.

Also I instaled Windows 7 32 bits and check everything but the result is the same. I don't know how to check te pulse signal or how know if is sending the signal to the output.

Regards!!!

If the Direction signals are being sent OK then the Step (Pulse) signals will be OK also.

Check that you have the correct (for your controller) Step and Direction Pin numbers (and that the correct Port #) enabled in Config. / Ports and Pins / Motor Outputs.
Does your controller require an Enable signal ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »
Hello, I'm new in mach3.

Regards!!!

If the Direction signals are being sent OK then the Step (Pulse) signals will be OK also.

Check that you have the correct (for your controller) Step and Direction Pin numbers (and that the correct Port #) enabled in Config. / Ports and Pins / Motor Outputs.
Does your controller require an Enable signal ?

Tweakie.

Yes, I've test all motor outputs with the direction signal, so I'm sure that are the correct ports #.

Stepper motor driver have a enable input, so I've conected 5 volts directly and try with differents combinations in pulse and sing signal, active high or active low.

All anothers parameters are from the default instalation.

Regards!!!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 01:59:41 AM »
What is the make and model of your controller ?

Tweakie.
PEACE