Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:59:35 PM

Author Topic: PoKeys Version 10.0 plugin released!!!  (Read 7458 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
PoKeys Version 10.0 plugin released!!!
« on: April 19, 2010, 03:35:06 AM »
Greetings,

I have sent to Boris the Version 10.0 of the PoKeys plugin, for your review, to use the new feature of this plugin you will need at least Firmware version 2.1.5.

Added:
1).  Auxillary Data Bus: This can add 80 MORE outputs to the pokeys, you will have to build or buy the expansion board, to run it,
it only uses 3 of your pokeys pins. It is very simular to the Matrix LEDs, except the grid is 8x10 outputs. (see new pokeys users manual).

Per Boris's request, I released this version, WITHOUT testing the function on actual Hardware since I have none here in Iraq with me and it is so new a funciton. So........  having said, the function implementation was straight forward, my only concern is, that when you build a circuit to test this, that the Real Outputs my be backwards to the Mach User LEDs that represent them, if so, let me know.

2). Auxillary Data Bus, config page in the plugin dialogs.
3). Auxillary Data Bus Output test page in mach3 "PoKeys.set" with an 8x10 grid of User LEDs that represent the outputs.

Tweaks:

Updated the Flash Help file, fixed some minor "looks" to some of the dialog windows.

Transitioned from Beta to full release:
1). The test group, have all reported that they are not having any issues with the MPG, since Brian was kind enough to move
the plugin into its own thread, which GREATLY increased its scan/processing time, it was the time lag of the USB/HID code in the 10hrts loop that was the Major glitch. So, it was moved from Beta, to full release.

Note(s):

As usual you will need to first uninstall any privious versions of pokeys IF you have used my .msi installer to install previous versions, through the Program add/remove utility. Also, This installer installs "PoKeys0.dll", only, make sure to MANUALLY delete any
of the old "PoKeys.dll" that are there. Since BOTH  "PoKeys0.dll" and "PoKeys.dll" use Device ID 0, you will have a crash if they are both enabled, it is best to remove the old PoKeys.dll altogether.

The new installer will be at Boris's Website:  www.poscope.com under the PoKeys section. I would put it here, but my band width from the Army Puke base here in Iraq, is WAY BEYOND crappy........

scott

fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: PoKeys Version 10.0 plugin released!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »
Scott has very slow internet connection and we have problems to transfer files from him.
Please be patient. When we will receive it it will be immediatelly uploaded to www.poscope.com.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline Haik

•  71 71
  • MachUser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »
Where's the download!?

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »
Where's the download!?

Can you please read one post befor yours?

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 04:06:23 AM »
Yeap, I have really, really, really, CRAPPY internet service at my base here in Iraq. I am using a company called Bentley Walker, for Satelite internet service, and it is nothing but problems and excuses from them. The are HAPPY to take out money though, alot of it, and they are appearently happy to also provide the worst service. We (about 90 of use), all pooled our money together, about 9k for 3 months of service. For what we thought was 4 meg down, and 512 k up. What we are actually getting is 1.4 down and 0.01 to 0.02 up. The upload speed is the killer. I have gone around, and around with thier Tech department, and after over 1 week now, they STILL cant seam to make it work, for what we paid for.

So, to those of you who are asking for the download, I have tried several days in a row now to get it to upload, and it spins for sometimes 2 or more hours, and then times out. So, no other choice than to keep trying.  If those of you that are having difficulty with my internet situation here. By all means please forward me around $10k so I can buy a different service from Segovia, or TR2. Another choice is you can fly over here to the combat zone, and I will hand you a USB dongle with the installer on it. If that is not do-able then suck it up, it will be up when it is up.

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
It is uploaded now. Scott make big efforts to send it to me.

regards

Boris
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:25:07 AM »
Talking about another evolution, it would be possible to have access to the 12 values needed to drive the six pwm?
It would make the pwm available as general use analog out?
It may be fairly straightforward, isn't it?

Best Regards
PD

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 04:25:20 AM »
What 12 values do you speak of?  It is my understanding that there is a Single/Global base Frequency for all the 6 possible, and same for the duty rate. The only thing that is varible for the individual axis is the Fx of that output.

Currently One of the PWMs is Optionally dedicated to the Spindle Output, another is Optionally for the LED back light, adn the last one is optional for Text contrast on the LCD.

I could do some things in which you Dont use the above, then you could access the 6 PWM outputs, and I could assign (or have YOU the user to PICK), a "UserDRO" Range, that each DRO would represent a value of 0-100 (for 0-100%) of a PWM signal to that PWM output.

Honestly, it is some work to do what you want, so before I would dive into that, I would want to see a few others also wanting that feature.......... With writing the new code, testing, packaging the installer, doing the Flash Help update, the new screens, XML, getting the update to the PoKeys plugin blurb on the plugin page of this site, it is alot of "Doing".

IF there is not enough that want it, BUT YOU really need it, I may be willing to do a custom One-off for you, PLUGIN mods only!!

scott
fun times
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
Ok, 13 values. There are 6 enable flags, 6 values and one period. Any block of the user DRO is ok as far as it is known.
I wish to be able to write an exact value and an exact period. Maybe is ok to leave the the enable flag to the configuration utility. Given that the period is not going to change often it may as well belong to the configuration.
I drop spindle control and display in favor of the availability of 6 'servo' controls.

PD
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
Forgot to tell I'll be happy to alfa test the plugin

PD